Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island Paradise, mermaids are not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise, mermaids are not working Empty Sims 3 Island Paradise, mermaids are not working

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 07:15

I have been playing sims for the past 2 years now, and yes I only use games4theworld downloads, I've had a couple snags but I was always able to get over them and keep playing. This time though I'm not sure what went wrong. I know how to install all the games I've done it step by step, and I currently have all expansions installed, everything works fine but the mermaids. I have 200 cc and 195 mods for various things. I have played the game with these installed and without it makes no difference the problem still persists.  The problem is this; I can have interactions with mermaids, I can get the kelp, but when I eat it my sims resets herself and is stuck in an in between state and eventually becomes unplayable and the game freezes. So I tried it a different way, I built up my social with each mermaid and got them to move in at different times to see if it was the same way with them all, it was, none of them where playable and after testing each one my game would eventually freeze. The last thing I've tried was to have kids with them, surely I could get a playable mermaid this way, but no such luck. The game froze both times with salty, one while they where cuddling, an  another right after the woohooed and I was told she was pregnant. With triton it was a little different, they became friends, then lovers, and finally got married, when she got pregnant and nothing happened I thought I could finally have a mermaid playable sim, but again I was wrong when she went into labor she had tons of baby's and they wouldn't stop coming, finally when it got to 27 I stopped the game and restarted it, there where only 3 baby's now and none where playable my sim wouldn't do anything I asked her to but she was still moving. Finally I've given up and decided to ask for help. So please tell me what I have to do to become a mermaid. Oh and there isn't a lifetime reward listed for mermaidic kelp either. :(l

//EDIT

Forgot to add that I also tried to add Mia and she was non playable, when I asked her to move out, she wouldn't leave and became a permanent unwanted guest.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise, mermaids are not working Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise, mermaids are not working

Post by J.T. Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:01

MrsPowell wrote:I have been playing sims for the past 2 years now, and yes I only use games4theworld downloads, I've had a couple snags but I was always able to get over them and keep playing. This time though I'm not sure what went wrong. I know how to install all the games I've done it step by step, and I currently have all expansions installed, everything works fine but the mermaids. I have 200 cc and 195 mods for various things. I have played the game with these installed and without it makes no difference the problem still persists.  The problem is this; I can have interactions with mermaids, I can get the kelp, but when I eat it my sims resets herself and is stuck in an in between state and eventually becomes unplayable and the game freezes. So I tried it a different way, I built up my social with each mermaid and got them to move in at different times to see if it was the same way with them all, it was, none of them where playable and after testing each one my game would eventually freeze. The last thing I've tried was to have kids with them, surely I could get a playable mermaid this way, but no such luck. The game froze both times with salty, one while they where cuddling, an  another right after the woohooed and I was told she was pregnant. With triton it was a little different, they became friends, then lovers, and finally got married, when she got pregnant and nothing happened I thought I could finally have a mermaid playable sim, but again I was wrong when she went into labor she had tons of baby's and they wouldn't stop coming, finally when it got to 27 I stopped the game and restarted it, there where only 3 baby's now and none where playable my sim wouldn't do anything I asked her to but she was still moving. Finally I've given up and decided to ask for help. So please tell me what I have to do to become a mermaid. Oh and there isn't a lifetime reward listed for mermaidic kelp either. :(l

//EDIT

Forgot to add that I also tried to add Mia and she was non playable, when I asked her to move out, she wouldn't leave and became a permanent unwanted guest.
Hello,

Removing CC and mods means removing the content of "DCCache" and "Mods" folder. Please examine these 2 folders to see if there is anything inside. You can always remove a sim by these methods:

(1) Hold Ctrl+Shift+C and type "testingcheatsenabled true", and hold the same keys and type "Resetsim [Your sim's name]".

(2) Hold Ctrl+Shifr+C and type "testingcheatsenabled true". Hold Shift and click on the sim you don't want, and click Object/Delete.

(3) If these doesn't work somehow, download Nraas Master Controller Mod and apply it to Mods\Packages folder. Run the game and locate the unwanted sim and click on him/her, and then click on the options Nraas/Total Annihilation. This will complete erase the sim's data and remove the sim.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top