Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black screen during startup*Please HELP*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen during startup*Please HELP* Empty Black screen during startup*Please HELP*

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:10

So I'm using a window 7 computer playing Sims 3 with all the expansion packs except movie stuff, whenever I press play through the launcher, sims 3 will start up just stay black screen. On top of the bar it always says The Sims 3 (Not Responding). One time I started up the game after reinstalling everything which worked and I tried to move my sims to a new lot and the whole game stopped so I just closed the client and the next time I start it up, the game is just stuck at black screen. And then I found a forum that told me to reinstall just my Sims 3 game to fix the problem and I did as it said. I was wondering if it was the lot that I moved my sims to was causing the problem so I uninstalled it from the launcher. Then I started up the game and it worked perfectly, I played for about an hour or two and there was no problem saving the game.(I moved all my sims to a new house(not the lot that I've deleted) and decorated the house before I save and quit the game.) And today when I start up the game again it's the black screen at start up again. I tried to reinstall the base game as I did yesterday and it didn't work today. I did not add ANYTHING in the game, no new cc or mods between yesterday and today. I have tried applying the ultimate fix from this forum and it still didn't work. (I'm sure that I didn't install the fix incorrectly as I've did it before and it used to work for me until now) Any idea how to fix it? Help  I'm really desperate here. Any help would be appreciated. Foreveralone Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Black screen during startup*Please HELP* Empty Re: Black screen during startup*Please HELP*

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:34

ElvinaWilliams wrote:So I'm using a window 7 computer playing Sims 3 with all the expansion packs except movie stuff, whenever I press play through the launcher, sims 3 will start up just stay black screen. On top of the bar it always says The Sims 3 (Not Responding). One time I started up the game after reinstalling everything which worked and I tried to move my sims to a new lot and the whole game stopped so I just closed the client and the next time I start it up, the game is just stuck at black screen. And then I found a forum that told me to reinstall just my Sims 3 game to fix the problem and I did as it said. I was wondering if it was the lot that I moved my sims to was causing the problem so I uninstalled it from the launcher. Then I started up the game and it worked perfectly, I played for about an hour or two and there was no problem saving the game.(I moved all my sims to a new house(not the lot that I've deleted) and decorated the house before I save and quit the game.) And today when I start up the game again it's the black screen at start up again. I tried to reinstall the base game as I did yesterday and it didn't work today. I did not add ANYTHING in the game, no new cc or mods between yesterday and today. I have tried applying the ultimate fix from this forum and it still didn't work. (I'm sure that I didn't install the fix incorrectly as I've did it before and it used to work for me until now) Any idea how to fix it? Help  I'm really desperate here. Any help would be appreciated. Foreveralone Thanks.
Hello,

To answer your question, may I ask if you have read and done this ( i mean steps 2-4) correctly? Please redo them again even if you have followed that guide.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Black screen during startup*Please HELP* Empty Re: Black screen during startup*Please HELP*

Post by Guest Tue 22 Oct 2013, 14:56

cat2006house wrote:
ElvinaWilliams wrote:So I'm using a window 7 computer playing Sims 3 with all the expansion packs except movie stuff, whenever I press play through the launcher, sims 3 will start up just stay black screen. On top of the bar it always says The Sims 3 (Not Responding). One time I started up the game after reinstalling everything which worked and I tried to move my sims to a new lot and the whole game stopped so I just closed the client and the next time I start it up, the game is just stuck at black screen. And then I found a forum that told me to reinstall just my Sims 3 game to fix the problem and I did as it said. I was wondering if it was the lot that I moved my sims to was causing the problem so I uninstalled it from the launcher. Then I started up the game and it worked perfectly, I played for about an hour or two and there was no problem saving the game.(I moved all my sims to a new house(not the lot that I've deleted) and decorated the house before I save and quit the game.) And today when I start up the game again it's the black screen at start up again. I tried to reinstall the base game as I did yesterday and it didn't work today. I did not add ANYTHING in the game, no new cc or mods between yesterday and today. I have tried applying the ultimate fix from this forum and it still didn't work. (I'm sure that I didn't install the fix incorrectly as I've did it before and it used to work for me until now) Any idea how to fix it? Help  I'm really desperate here. Any help would be appreciated. Foreveralone Thanks.
Hello,

To answer your question, may I ask if you have read and done this ( i mean steps 2-4) correctly? Please redo them again even if you have followed that guide.
I've done step 2-4 again and again and it still isn't not working D: I've even tried to take out my mods folder, it's still a black screen during startup.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 22 Oct 2013, 14:59

I suggest you delete the following in C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Look for any of the following files ending in .package and delete it:
Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
SimPort and social features: socialCache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it.
If you have downloaded any sims or pets from somewhere, delete downloadedsims.index from the folder that says SavedSims.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 14:54

cat2006house wrote:I suggest you delete the following in C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Look for any of the following files ending in .package and delete it:
Create-a-Sim Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod or custom content cache: scriptCache.package
New Sims and skin cache: simCompositorCache.package
SimPort and social features: socialCache.package
Look for a folder that says Thumbnails. Delete anything inside of it.
Look for WorldCaches and delete anything inside of it.
If you have downloaded any sims or pets from somewhere, delete downloadedsims.index from the folder that says SavedSims.
YOU'RE MY LIFE SAVER! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top