Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black screen on startup. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

black screen on startup. [SOLVED] Empty black screen on startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 07:47

Hello everyone. I am having issues where every time I try to launch the sims, it goes to a black screen and shows as not responding in the task manager. However I will give you guys a little bit of backstory as to this. 
my fiance had more mods and CC than I even want to admit. It got to the point that every time she played it would crash in a few moments. she had so many mods that she didnt feel like going through them all to get them working. so she let it sit. about a week ago I decided to see if I could get it going agian. I wiped everything (with her agreement). deleted all her saves, mods uninstalled, everything. there was nothing sims 3 on the computer.

I redownloaded all of the sims from here, ran through and reinstalled everything following the installation thread to the letter. I got done installing everything and ran the manual patch once more and used the ultimate fix. now when we boot, the screen turns black and has a smaller outline that looks like a smaller screen that is also black inside. It almost looked like an issue with vertical sync. so i turned the vertical sync off.
now I have:
-reinstalled three times following the thread.
-vertical sync
-made sure my computer resolution is the same as the games setting
-tried launching from the .exe instead of launcher
-changed fullscreen in the options document in mydocuments>EA>sims3 to 0
-added all .exes to DEP
-I set windows to allow it to run more than 2 gigs data.

Here is my system setup
Windows xp 32 bit
3 gigs ram
2.79 ghz intel dual core
1gig ATI 4650
plenty of HD space

As I said, this is a 100% fresh install, there are no cache or temp files at all, no saved sims, no CC or mods...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

black screen on startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: black screen on startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 05:47

I am having the exact same problem... added all files to DEP did the fix, vertical sync, reinstalled many times. Launched from the .exe and not the launcher. I'm running in windows 7. also I have no mods but do have some cc. Up until a couple of days ago it was working...the only change is that I updated to the latest patch. All my games are from here. I'm at a lost!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2013, 05:59

molrogge wrote:Hello everyone. I am having issues where every time I try to launch the sims, it goes to a black screen and shows as not responding in the task manager. However I will give you guys a little bit of backstory as to this. 
my fiance had more mods and CC than I even want to admit. It got to the point that every time she played it would crash in a few moments. she had so many mods that she didnt feel like going through them all to get them working. so she let it sit. about a week ago I decided to see if I could get it going agian. I wiped everything (with her agreement). deleted all her saves, mods uninstalled, everything. there was nothing sims 3 on the computer.

I redownloaded all of the sims from here, ran through and reinstalled everything following the installation thread to the letter. I got done installing everything and ran the manual patch once more and used the ultimate fix. now when we boot, the screen turns black and has a smaller outline that looks like a smaller screen that is also black inside. It almost looked like an issue with vertical sync. so i turned the vertical sync off.
now I have:
-reinstalled three times following the thread.
-vertical sync
-made sure my computer resolution is the same as the games setting
-tried launching from the .exe instead of launcher
-changed fullscreen in the options document in mydocuments>EA>sims3 to 0
-added all .exes to DEP
-I set windows to allow it to run more than 2 gigs data.

Here is my system setup
Windows xp 32 bit
3 gigs ram
2.79 ghz intel dual core
1gig ATI 4650
plenty of HD space

As I said, this is a 100% fresh install, there are no cache or temp files at all, no saved sims, no CC or mods...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just to be clear: did you remove the whole "The Sims 3" folder, in My Documents/Electronic Arts ? Please delete the whole folder (or rename it into anything you like), if you haven't done so yet. Then start up the game again.

astigall wrote:I am having the exact same problem... added all files to DEP did the fix, vertical sync, reinstalled many times. Launched from the .exe and not the launcher. I'm running in windows 7. also I have no mods but do have some cc. Up until a couple of days ago it was working...the only change is that I updated to the latest patch. All my games are from here. I'm at a lost!
We prefer that peopl start their own topics, instead of posting under someone else's thread. So please, create a separate topic for your problem. Wink  That way, we can help people more efficiently.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:02

I did remove the whole folder when I uninstalled. I also was able to kind of fix it. I uninstalled into the future, reinstalled the patch and cracked again and it works. Not sure why into the future doesn't like me, but atleast it works.

Helper Edit: Topic closed. Wink

-J.T./cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top