Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED] Empty The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:02

Okay, I desperately need help installing this fix!  I bought The Sims Medieval: Pirates & Nobles a few days ago off Amazon, not knowing it wasn't compatible with the Windows 8 processor, and I want to see if I can get it to work before trying to return it or sell it off to someone else.  I downloaded the fix and all that, but I can't figure out how to properly install it. 
For example...
The instructions tell me to go into Game/Bin, but I have a 2nd bin folder inside the original bin folder.  Do I need to go into that one, too?

I have 2 copies of the TSLHost.dll and TSM.exe files.  Do both of them need to be copied in?  And when I do copy them in, how do I know it's successful? 

What # Crack file am I supposed to open up?  I have 3 of those (rld.dll, TSLHostdll, ad TSM.exe).  Also: how do I get my computer to accept them?  I figured I'd go with TSM.exe and the only way that one would open was when I unzipped it.  But there was nothing inside, sans the TSM button thingy. 

I think that's the main gist of my problems.  I've never added mods, cracks, or fixes before, so I have almost no clue what's going on.  So if someone could answer this ASAP so I can stop wasting my life on trying to Medieval to work, that'd be great.  I waited anxiously all week for this thing to come, and now I have to mess around with it.  Mad 

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED]

Post by Layloria Fri 13 Sep 2013, 00:31

1. About Game/Bin, just this, do not go into the second bin folder, files just go to the Game/Bin.

Unzip all Files please to a folder easy for you to find, then drag and copy them as follows below.

2. Two copies? Do you mean your original in the game files and then the Ultimate Fix ones or two in the folder you downloaded? If its the first thing, then you can copy your original files to a folder called backup (make your own), then copy those that came with the fix to Game/Bin (same place originals were in)

3. The #Crack folder contains 3 files yes. Copy them over too after step 2. Your computer will accept them when the Game/Bin folder and you should get for both copying over window appearing.
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 01:20

Layloria wrote:1. About Game/Bin, just this, do not go into the second bin folder, files just go to the Game/Bin.

Unzip all Files please to a folder easy for you to find, then drag and copy them as follows below.

2. Two copies? Do you mean your original in the game files and then the Ultimate Fix ones or two in the folder you downloaded? If its the first thing, then you can copy your original files to a folder called backup (make your own), then copy those that came with the fix to Game/Bin (same place originals were in)

3. The #Crack folder contains 3 files yes. Copy them over too after step 2. Your computer will accept them when the Game/Bin folder and you should get for both copying over window appearing.
The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED] Untitl10
^^This is the folder I have open from opening the saved (mirror 1) download. 

The Sims Medieval Crack/Fix Help (Windows 8). [SOLVED] Untitl11
^^This is the only thing I could get open with the TSM.exe # Crack.

Does this change instructions at all?  If not, I'll go ahead and unzip and save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Fri 13 Sep 2013, 01:29

Please unzip ALL files please then follow the instructions.
Layloria
Layloria
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 05:07

Thank you very much!  I got it up and running!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Fri 13 Sep 2013, 09:01

Good to hear it all fixed!
Medieval is one of my faves

Helper Edit: Thank you Layloria! Topic closed.

-cat2006house
Layloria
Layloria
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top