Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen familys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frozen familys Empty Frozen familys

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 13:25

Greetings...
Didnt played Sims 3 for several months and recently decided to try out Island Paradise, and all went fine at the start when i made a new sim and allthough the new town was a bit laggy now and then it was nothing bad and fairly well playable.
But then i went for one of my old diehard familys that have been arround for a long time and have a ton of playtime on them and there everything was not so well in fact they are completly unplayable, the game loads them up normally but once loaded up the game is one long freeze, there are some very short moments when i can click on something and when the sim perhaps moves 3-4 steps but then it freezes again and those freezes last about a min, so a min of frozen game with mabey 2-3 sec of active gameplay in between.
And its ofcourse the well known freeze of mouse still moving arround, sounds still working and water and tree animations still working etc... only ive never had it this bad before.

And yes ive followed many of the countless threads, guides and other sources of advice before i decided to post here, and i have the great nraas mods, but nothing has been able to solve it, and it also seems most (nearly all) people who reported similair problems either have this problem all the time no matter what family they are playing or they dont have it, with me the problem only happens with these familys that got a huge ammount of playtime on them.
Ive also tried resetsim *, and ive tried moving the familys into another town (several times) but with no succes.

And again this problem only happens with those 2 old familys (1 of which only has 1 sim) all the others work fine, including others that ive had for allmost just as long but none of the others got as much playtime on them, and thats also my biggest issue here cause these "bugged" familys are the ones ive played the most with 'by far' and i ofcourse dont wanna lose them.

Any advice on this would be very welcome now cause im allready fearing these familys are lost.
Thanks allready.

Back to top Go down

Frozen familys Empty Re: Frozen familys

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 13:54

Hello,

I suggest you rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and launch the launcher. Move the folder "Saves" from the old folder to the new folder (don't move the folder "Mods" yet!!!) and see if there is any difference. If not, go to Saves and rename the saves that ends with (name of the saves that you want to keep).sims3.backup to (name).sims3.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 14:32

Hmm that has improved it a little bit it seems (only tried it on 1 so far), still pretty much unplayable but now i can actually do something with the sim.
Ive noticed now that when i dont do anything, so not moving cursor at all or scrolling arround etc and just let the game run i get no real freezes only a little bit of lag, sims stutter a bit and such but no freezes, the moment i start to move my mouse over objects or scroll arround the estate freezes are inc.
Also when i go into mapmode it runs fine, clock moves normally on any speeds no lag or freeze even when moving/scrolling arround on the map, but once i zoom back in on the sim its a lagfest again (at least if i wanna do anything that is).

Another thing i forgot to mention (this was before this rename) was that when i moved one of these broken familys to another town the moment they got that relocation activated and went for the cab that moves them the game suddenly ran normally again, only once they arrived in their new house in the new town it was a freezefest again.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 14:36

Hello,

Does this happen to new save as well? Try creating a new save to see.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 15:00

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Does this happen to new save as well? Try creating a new save to see.
No new saves work fine, and also other old saves (some just as old as the broken ones) work fine the only diffrents between those are that the broken ones have many hours of playtime compared to the old ones that work fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 15:03

Hello,

Okay, now I understand your problem. It's the problem of a corrupted save, basically. If you have tried the "backup" method I have been mentioning, I suggest you try also deleting all the folders that ends with .sims3.bad in "Saves". If that doesn't help, seriously I doubt there are any other ways to "repair" a corrupted save.

//EDIT

Please remember also to update your mods very often, or this can happen sooner or later.

Last edited by cat2006house on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 15:04; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 15:24

I think your right... its as bad as i feared then.Sad 

Certainly wonder what might have caused it though cause the only mod i normally use is nraas overwatch and nothing else and when theres an update for the game i update that as well.
Ive only tried a few other mods in the last few days to try and fix this issue.
And these familys also worked fine the last time i played them early this year, since then i do have a new PC so these saves are from an old rig but so are those others that work fine and only have much less playtime the real diffrents between then and now is that there are now a few more EP and packs added to the game but EP's and packs shoundt break your save (should it?confused )...

Anyway im a bit sceptical now if i should go for a new sim and make it as uber as those broken ones since i now get the feeling the best time for that will be when the last patch of the last expansion is out to avoid another situation like this where i apperently lost 100+ hours.

Still thanks allot for your help on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 17 Sep 2013, 15:26

Svartal wrote:I think your right... its as bad as i feared then.Sad 

Certainly wonder what might have caused it though cause the only mod i normally use is nraas overwatch and nothing else and when theres an update for the game i update that as well.
Ive only tried a few other mods in the last few days to try and fix this issue.
And these familys also worked fine the last time i played them early this year, since then i do have a new PC so these saves are from an old rig but so are those others that work fine and only have much less playtime the real diffrents between then and now is that there are now a few more EP and packs added to the game but EP's and packs shoundt break your save (should it?confused )...

Anyway im a bit sceptical now if i should go for a new sim and make it as uber as those broken ones since i now get the feeling the best time for that will be when the last patch of the last expansion is out to avoid another situation like this where i apperently lost 100+ hours.

Still thanks allot for your help on this one.
Hello,

Did you update Overwatch every time a patch is out? Overwatch is actually a mod for solving freezes caused by stuck sims/unroutable sims.

//EDIT

Hello,

I think you should download Errortrap and Porter. Errortrap can help you with this matter:
Any corruption errors that can not be corrected will be trapped and logged, allowing the save-game to load regardless.

While Porter can move your family to another town under non-EA standard (which means it will move your whole family without using the Move Out feature that comes with 1.50 (or 1.55? I don't really remember) patch). Maybe you should try this one out too.

//EDIT

Or you can even go to Edit Town and save this family into library and start a new save with this family.

Last edited by cat2006house on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 15:41; edited 2 times in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down