Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix! Empty Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix!

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 19:24

(IMPORTANT: Before you follow this guide please review the following posts by Admin:
Installing The Sims 3 Correctly -- Make sure you have installed your games correctly by clicking here.
Ultimate Fix -- If you haven't yet, please download and install The Ultimate Fix by clicking here.
Updated Store Fix -- Please make sure you have updated your store fixes by clicking here.
If all of the above have failed to fix your game, proceed to the guide below!)

So a lot of you have been having this problem where the class schedule is empty in your game, you can't listen to lectures, you can't move into certain lots, you have no progress bar, certain items won't work correctly, and many other problems.
Good news! There IS a temporary solution, so don't you fret! :]

Here is what you will need to do. Follow the instructions below, step by step:

1. You need to clear the cache.
a. To do this, go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup"
b. Delete everything in that folder except for "ccmerged.package"
c. Now you need to go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"
d. Delete the following files, "CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package"

2. Remove the store fix.
a. Go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages"
b. Delete "StoreFix_UnAwesome"
c. Go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides"
d. Delete "StoreFix_UnAwesome"
(NOTE: The file you need to delete will sometimes be in one folder and not the other, or, if you are like me, it will be in both folders.)
(NOTE: Yes, there are other store fix files in the folders mentioned above, do not delete them unless further instructed!)

Now you should be able to play your game with out any problems. You will also be able to keep your store items in your game (if you have them)! So go ahead and see if your problems are fixed, and if not, come back to this thread for more steps you can take to fix your game.

If the steps above did not work for you, fear not, there is more you can do to fix this!

3. Remove the other store fix files.
a. Go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages"
b. Delete "StoreFix_Fixes" and "StoreFix_DecrapFixes"
c. Go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides"
d. Delete "StoreFix_Fixes" and "StoreFix_DecrapFixes"
(NOTE: The files you are deleting are just like before, could be in one folder and not the other, could be in both!)

Now try your game! :]

Still not working? :[ Well here is one more solution!

4. Remove some mods!
a. First of all, here is a list of mods that people have removed from the game to get it to work, this will give you a good idea of what mods you can keep (or delete, depending). Also, it would be wise to make sure that your mods are updated before removing them.

Mod Removal List:
Register
StoryProgression
Traveler
Any/All Skill Mods
Woohooer
No Autonomous
AdditionalActivites
HidenSkillsUnhidden
NoBuildSparkles
Mover

(NOTE: If you have removed a mod and it got your game to work, let me know and I will add it to the list!)

b. Go to "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods" or "C:\Users\(YourComputerUsernameGoesHere)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" and look for mods that could be messing up your game.
c. You are going to remove one mod at a time. This WILL require patience. You remove one mod, (I suggest putting it in a backup folder), then try to play your game. If it doesn't work, repeat this step.
d. Once you find the mod that is corrupting your game, you can get rid of it completely, all the mods in your backup folder (except for the corrupted one if it's in there) can go back into your game.

If none of the solutions above have worked for you, (but they really should have worked!), you might want to try starting over with this guide and follow each step very carefully. If you still have failed to fix the problem(s) you are having, check the forum for other solutions, and if you can't find any, or they have failed you, by all means, post a new topic. Thank you, and happy simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1

Last edited by Juice Box Monstah on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 06:45; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Guide Information)

Back to top Go down

Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix! Empty Re: Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix!

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:52

great guide happy simming

Back to top Go down

Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix! Empty Re: Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix!

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 22:43

larsV wrote:great guide happy simming
Thank you, I'm just glad to help out in some way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 01:24

But is it helping anyone? I've had two crashes (well my distraught over emotional 9 year old has) today in CAS and am wondering what's up since I put in University!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 01:47

steak n eggs wrote:But is it helping anyone? I've had two crashes (well my distraught over emotional 9 year old has) today in CAS and am wondering what's up since I put in University!

Yes, it has helped. :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 02:18

Just bookmarked this thread. I'm about to add all my cc content into the mods folder (without any other game mods) Then from there I am going to add the mods that I normally use with the exception of the ones you have mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 02:39

mslisalisa wrote:Just bookmarked this thread. I'm about to add all my cc content into the mods folder (without any other game mods) Then from there I am going to add the mods that I normally use with the exception of the ones you have mentioned.
Good luck, let me know how it turns out for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 09:10

Hi! If I do not have any mods installed, I can just go with Step 1 right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 17:51

Just thought I'd put my two cents in and say this helped fix my problem as well.

I did all three steps one by one beginning with the caches. Started the game and went to my Sims class schedule. Didn't work. Next I deleted the store fixes and again it didn't work.
It was then I took out all of my mods that includes cars, objects, hair,etc. and put them on my desktop. Started the game, clicked on the schedule and.........it worked! I believe custom female hair just may be a big culprit because this has happened to me before.

Counting this, it has happened four times and, like a Sim, every time I wanted to bash my head on the keyboard in frustration, it would dawn on me that I should take the hair out of the game and test it. It was some custom hairstyle that was corrupted continually crashing the game. I put my "in game" mods back (master controller, pregnancy controller) in it's folder along with the custom object mods and everything was still in working order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 18:44

OH MY GOD!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! My problem was not being able to use the new stuff like the science machine or spray painting thing and I would just click on it and nothing would happen, but again, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The first ones didn't work but I deleted the Hidden Skills Unhidden Mod, and it worked!!! Thank you so much for saying to delete mods because I would of never figured that out with out you!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:14

Juice Box, would it be okay to copy and paste and then print out a hard copy? Since you are the author, I would only do so with your permission.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 19:42

deblake60 wrote:Juice Box, would it be okay to copy and paste and then print out a hard copy? Since you are the author, I would only do so with your permission.
Sure, go for it! :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 20:02

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 20:50

Unfortunately this didn't fix my problem, my problem is that after I get my degree, I can't interact with anyone, use my phone, or when my ride gets there to take me back to my home outside of the university, well, it never comes so I'm stuck. Any advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 21:12

I haven't got that far yet, but is it possible to use the computer to "move out" of the University??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 23:50

Deleted everything before my soccer game. Gonna give this a go and hope it works!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 01:08

deblake60 wrote:I haven't got that far yet, but is it possible to use the computer to "move out" of the University??

Thanks for the quick response

Well, I tried that but my only option is to drop out. After selecting it it stole $1,000 from me and nothing else. Also I've tried resetSim and that didn't fix problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 01:41

Thanks... Hope it works for others.

No luck on my end! Still no schedule.

Back to top Go down

Guide: Sims 3 University Life (All In Game Problems) Fix! Empty I need help!

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 03:05

I'm not having any crashing issues but my sims cannot get into their college classes!
I send them to class and it takes way after their class starts to get there. Once they do get there they can't get in because too many sims are trying to get into the door! Any advise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 03:10

jones3j4 wrote:I'm not having any crashing issues but my sims cannot get into their college classes!
I send them to class and it takes way after their class starts to get there. Once they do get there they can't get in because too many sims are trying to get into the door! Any advise?

I've had that issue too, I don't think it will register you as skipping until maybe an hour later. My advice is to get a closer dorm next term and brave the slobs that will be living with you lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:01

Awesome Jacket wrote:Unfortunately this didn't fix my problem, my problem is that after I get my degree, I can't interact with anyone, use my phone, or when my ride gets there to take me back to my home outside of the university, well, it never comes so I'm stuck. Any advice?

I have the same problem, but my Sims can't interact in any moment... I don't know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:04

TheMarquess61687 wrote:Just thought I'd put my two cents in and say this helped fix my problem as well.

I did all three steps one by one beginning with the caches. Started the game and went to my Sims class schedule. Didn't work. Next I deleted the store fixes and again it didn't work.
It was then I took out all of my mods that includes cars, objects, hair,etc. and put them on my desktop. Started the game, clicked on the schedule and.........it worked! I believe custom female hair just may be a big culprit because this has happened to me before.

Counting this, it has happened four times and, like a Sim, every time I wanted to bash my head on the keyboard in frustration, it would dawn on me that I should take the hair out of the game and test it. It was some custom hairstyle that was corrupted continually crashing the game. I put my "in game" mods back (master controller,
pregnancy controller) in it's folder along with the custom object mods and everything was still in working order.

Lol! I wanted to bash my head on the keyboard yesterday as well. Spent the whole day trying to fix my game. I think it came down to a bad mod. Later on this week I'm going to delete all my merged hair packages and re download only the ones I want. I normally just like the re textured or fixed versions best. I have three pieces of bad CC in my game that makes my new born babies deformed. I think it came from a sim I downloaded from the exchange awhile ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:16

imjozze wrote:
Awesome Jacket wrote:Unfortunately this didn't fix my problem, my problem is that after I get my degree, I can't interact with anyone, use my phone, or when my ride gets there to take me back to my home outside of the university, well, it never comes so I'm stuck. Any advice?

I have the same problem, but my Sims can't interact in any moment... I don't know what to do.

My problem was I my sim couldn't interact with any other sims. Also in map view the buildings didn't have names and I couldn't choose to live with other sims.
It all came down to a mod. Do you use mods?

I removed my mods folder and put it on my desktop and deleted the cache files listed in this thread. Then I started the game without my mods folder without all my CC I use. I tested the game and all worked fine.
From there I made a new Mods folder and added my CC back into it. Then tested the game. Then I added only one mod (Master Controller) and tested again. From there the game started working for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:23

mslisalisa wrote:
imjozze wrote:

My problem was I my sim couldn't interact with any other sims. Also in map view the buildings didn't have names and I couldn't choose to live with other sims.
It all came down to a mod. Do you use mods?

I removed my mods folder and put it on my desktop and deleted the cache files listed in this thread. Then I started the game without my mods folder without all my CC I use. I tested the game and all worked fine.
From there I made a new Mods folder and added my CC back into it. Then tested the game. Then I added only one mod (Master Controller) and tested again. From there the game started working for me.

I don't have mods and I removed the cache files as well. I saved before I have to go to the graduation ceremony so when I load my save everything is working fine, it's just after the ceremony when everything glitches up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 04:31

I've done pretty much everything in the guide and it did help some. I'm still having issues and I'm leaning towards a glitchy EA release, it's not like they haven't don it before!

My sims, so far, can not interact with the skeleton, bee hives, rock climber (they reset to a spot near the object).

I have no MODS anymore (took it out and backed it up) and still have issues. However, the Sims can now Read a comic (still resets, but after the comic is read), can see the social groups and play juice pong (which I could not have done before).

I'm sure there will be either an EA patch or the great folks here will find a way to fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top