Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night Empty Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 15:30

Hi guys! I'm just wondering if it's possible for some players (like me!) to download other Sims 3 expansion backs from torrents and then installing it while using the Sims 3 base game that we bought? Because a few months ago I tried to install Late Night (from torrent) and the installation went smoothly. It's just that when I was about to play it, a window popped up saying that the Late Night expansion that I installed wasn't, you know, bought. Ever since then I've been wary to download the other Sims 3 expansion packs because I think, for some reason, the base game that I bought (updated regularly with the patches) detects that it's not legally obtained.

Will I be able to install and play the Sims 3 expansion packs that are available in the Games4theworld torrent, though? Cos i would really like to experience Late Night and Generations.

I bought the Sims 3 base game as well as University Life.

Back to top Go down

Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night Empty Re: Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night

Post by J.T. Fri 27 Sep 2013, 15:51

Hello,

Please install at least one of the following expansions along with the base game (either torrented or legal):
Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

Afterwards, download and apply the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch.

After patching, download the Ultimate Fix here and apply it:

If the base game was bought from store, simply drag and drop the content of the folder #crack from the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when necessary.

If the base game was downloaded and installed via Origin, simply drag and drop the content of the folder #crack from the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when necessary.

If you have done the above correctly, there should be no error message.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night Empty Re: Bought the Sims 3 base game and torrent-ed Late Night

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 19:27

Alright. I'll try it out! I just finished downloading Seasons and will let you know if I'm successful. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 15 Oct 2013, 21:11

Did you get the game working?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top