Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do I apply the cracks to the game?/Do I need to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When do I apply the cracks to the game?/Do I need to? Empty When do I apply the cracks to the game?/Do I need to?

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 09:54

I've honestly looked everywhere on the forum for anything related to this but I can't find anything, and I've read the instructions but I just don't understand.

(Not-sure-if-relevent-backstory)
I've had Sims 3 for ages but only yesterday and the day before I downloaded the World Adventures and University expansions from this site, (which I found on pirate bay.) So I had heaps of issues with installing it but I've managed to find the fix to all of them in the forums so far and they've mostly been due to me having a legitimate copy of the base game and also my ignorance.

HOWEVER, I tried installing Sims 3 Seasons and I can't be sure if I missed a step or I didn't read one properly but when I tried to launch my game it had this problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14027-can-t-find-ts3exeexe-file-solved

SO, I did everything it said (Downloaded the uninstaller, re installed my base game) and haven't had a problem so far besides the fact that installing the daemon tools also installed a heap of other crap I didn't want -.- but now I'm just looking at the instructions to try and figure out what to do now that I've re installed The Sims base game and on the YouTube video tutorial it says "If you have plans to install the expansions too, don't apply the crack, but install all the expansions you want first."

And THIS IS WHERE I GET LOST.

So I was wondering;

1. When do I actually have to install the crack?

2. What crack is it that has to be installed, because to my knowledge there are different ones in every expansion pack?

3. If I apply the crack can I still install more expansion packs later or do I have to install every single one I want first?

Thank you in advance!! I know you guys are brilliant at what you do and your forums are by far the best forums and most detailed and easy to follow I've seen, even if I do get lost from time to time, but that's probably just me being a noob.

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

When do I apply the cracks to the game?/Do I need to? Empty Re: When do I apply the cracks to the game?/Do I need to?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Sep 2013, 13:26

Hello,

Let's see...your most important source for that question should be this here Wink  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Like the instructions there say, when you install the base game plus at least one of the expansions necessary for the "Ultimate fix", you should apply the "manual patch first" (step #2 in the instructions), and then the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix (step #4).

When you - later on - decide to add any expansions or stuff packs, you just repeat that: so re-apply the manual patch and then re-apply the two files from the #crack folder (please note: you should only use the #crack folder from the "Ultimate fix", and not the ones that are included in the expansions you download).

I hope this gave you an idea on how to do all of this. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top