Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game? Empty Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game?

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2020, 03:04

I'm not entirely sure if this was answered already, but I saw that EA was having a HUGE sale on the base game for TS4. I, however, have always been using the G4TW cracked version of the game (including all the updates and expansions). I was wondering if there was a way to use both at the same time, OR if there was a way to access the online portion (i.e the Gallery) through the cracked version, without having to compromise all the work i did to crack the game in the first place. 

Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game? Empty Re: Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Feb 2020, 03:29

Hello @Chrysantheous,

Simple response & method: when you buy your Origin basegame, make sure to install it in a different path, than where your cracked TS4 is located. By default, the Origin game will be under C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

I assume your cracked TS4 is in one of the following paths: C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4. So that is out of the way.

Now. When you notice a new patch coming out, do not immediately download it through Origin. Because if you do, and you grab Gallery items, they won't be usable anyways in the cracked game until the moment the crack "catches up" to the newest Origin patch.

So, slowly. Do not start up the Origin game, until a new crack surfaces and catches up to the Origin patch version. Once you brought your cracked TS4 on par with the Origin version, you can grab your Gallery items and download/save them. When you exit out of Origin and boot up your cracked TS4, your Gallery items will still be there.

This method is easier than the other one that I mentioned somewhere here, involving all the folder-renaming. The (only?) source of potential trouble here is, that people are impatient and greedy. Well, most of them anyways, and I don't care if anybody is offended now. But the thing is, most people will innately grab the Origin update when it goes live. And by definition, the Origin update always comes BEFORE the crack. People might then see that their favorite Sims-YouTuber did again new creations, and will naturally grab said creations. 

What happens next is that playing that cheap Origin basegame without DLC will get boring, so they will switch to the cracked game again. And then most of them get caught by surprise because the newest Gallery items are not yet usable in the cracked TS4. Maybe they can't even start up the game because of the "userdata created by newer version of the game"-error. The latter is easily fixable (by deleting the GameVersion.txt under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), but for everything else people need to be patient and wait until the crack catches up.

So there is your explanation. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game? Empty Re: Possible Use of G4TW cracks on bought Base Game?

Post by Freezer Bunny Sun 02 Feb 2020, 01:35

Ugh, buying a basegame on Origin is pretty much only good for grabbing these Gallery items ...

Killkillkillkill!
Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Feb 2020, 03:28

Freezer Bunny wrote:Ugh, buying a basegame on Origin is pretty much only good for grabbing these Gallery items ...

Killkillkillkill!

And guess what: EA are probably fully aware of the fact that this aspect of the "community" (grabbing Gallery items, exchanging ideas, interacting about builds, etc.) is a very popular one, so they have these base game discounts fairly often.

I personally don't believe it's worth the money even on discount, but whatever. Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top