Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base+World Adventures+Pets ORIGINAL, but I only want to install Seasons and University

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base+World Adventures+Pets ORIGINAL, but I only want to install Seasons and University Empty Sims 3 Base+World Adventures+Pets ORIGINAL, but I only want to install Seasons and University

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 22:38

Hello,

I've read the manual for installing Sims 3 on this site, but I don't want to go through all the trouble (and the waiting!!!) of downloading the Ultimate Fix, because I'm not looking for ALL the expansion packs.

Now, I have downloaded the torrents for University and Seasons. When I install them, I should copy the files from the #Crack folder into Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin except I don't have this folder on my hard drive, just on the original DVD/CD. Since I can't copy the #Crack files onto the DVD/CD, I'm wondering how to proceed next. 

Already a big thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe help me out a bit! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base+World Adventures+Pets ORIGINAL, but I only want to install Seasons and University Empty Re: Sims 3 Base+World Adventures+Pets ORIGINAL, but I only want to install Seasons and University

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Sep 2013, 22:49

evacreemers wrote:Hello,

I've read the manual for installing Sims 3 on this site, but I don't want to go through all the trouble (and the waiting!!!) of downloading the Ultimate Fix, because I'm not looking for ALL the expansion packs.

Now, I have downloaded the torrents for University and Seasons. When I install them, I should copy the files from the #Crack folder into Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin except I don't have this folder on my hard drive, just on the original DVD/CD. Since I can't copy the #Crack files onto the DVD/CD, I'm wondering how to proceed next. 

Already a big thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe help me out a bit! Smile
Hello,

You need to install the base game, before you can install any additional expansions. After you've done that, I strongly recommend you download the "manual patch" and apply it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch

Then you can install University and Seasons. After that, I recommend you re-apply the manual patch.

Now, you apply the two files from the #crack folder in the "Ultimate fix": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Copy these two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) to the base game location in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and replace the existing files.

So again:

1) Install base game
2) Run manual patch
3) Install University and Seasons
4) Re-apply manual patch
5) Copy the two files from the #crack in the Ultimate fix to the base game location, replacing the existing files.

Hope I could help you Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top