Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Server. Empty Server.

Post by Admin Wed 16 Oct 2013, 19:16

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that the www.games4theworld.org server speed will be upgraded in about a week.
The website should run a little bit smoother then.

I'll keep you updated here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Server. Empty Re: Server.

Post by Admin Wed 16 Oct 2013, 22:22

Oh and... now that I have your attention; it looks like we have to move the other website - www.games4theworlddownloads.org - to a faster/better server. But guess what?! :DTriple the costs. ^^ (But the speeds are marvellous, no doubt about that)
Maybe time to start a "Donate and help Lady ElDi buy a new PC" project after all, and then secretly spend the money on the server upkeep?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Oct 2013, 00:23

Adminator wrote:Oh and... now that I have your attention; it looks like we have to move the other website - www.games4theworlddownloads.org - to a faster/better server. But guess what?! :DTriple the costs. ^^ (But the speeds are marvellous, no doubt about that)
Maybe time to start a "Donate and help Lady ElDi buy a new PC" project after all, and then secretly spend the money on the server upkeep?

Hey Admin,

While I do believe that the slow speeds are due to the many pirates around the world (downloading the store stuff simultaneously), I don't know. Maybe the "pressure" on the server will decrease after a while, lol ? After all, that new server will require consistent donations, and from what I've read - there weren't too many donations in the past already ?

Can you be more specific about the prices ?

//EDIT

Either way, I would be willing to donate a bit to Lady ElDi, so that she can buy a bada$$-gaming PC, which will be more than capable of handling The Sims 4. Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Oct 2013, 16:20

Adminator wrote:Oh and... now that I have your attention; it looks like we have to move the other website - www.games4theworlddownloads.org - to a faster/better server. But guess what?! :DTriple the costs. ^^ (But the speeds are marvellous, no doubt about that)
LOL
I wasn't overly enthusiastic to start with, now I'm even less so Laughing
Don't worry, I'll get my pc.

Maybe you want to reconsider advertising, perhaps on the youtube channel. I hear the monetary results of ads on youtube videos aren't bad.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 17 Oct 2013, 19:47

Lady ElDi wrote:
LOL
I wasn't overly enthusiastic to start with, now I'm even less so Laughing
Don't worry, I'll get my pc.

Maybe you want to reconsider advertising, perhaps on the youtube channel. I hear the monetary results of ads on youtube videos aren't bad.
That's why many Marketers focus on social networking sites and Youtube (also because they are the most powerful tool for word of mouth and they are nearly the best way to build profitable customer relationships).

Oh sorry, I study Marketing and come across with this. Well obviously I study too hard Laughing .
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Oct 2013, 20:25

Hello there,

It's not only that a lot of people are downloading at once, but the file sizes are quite big, so shared hosting is not going to work.
The hosting service I have in mind, will cost about €15-€20 a month (€180-€240 a year). I know that I sound like a really poor bastard right now, but that can be quite some money for someone who currently doesn't have a stable income.

I'm not sure about the advertisements, most people use an ad blocker these days anyway.
The Youtube ads... I'm not sure about that one either, since I'm not actually filming something - didn't create something - but I'll look into it. Just let me get a cup of tea first.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male