Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED] Empty Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 17:01

Hi, it's kind of annoying 'cuz I have to wait 10 seconds because it freezes when it's okay it will freeze again after a second. What's wrong with my game? Sad

Back to top Go down

Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Oct 2013, 03:21

christina_pia wrote:Hi, it's kind of annoying 'cuz I have to wait 10 seconds because it freezes when it's okay it will freeze again after a second. What's wrong with my game? Sad
Hello,

Maybe you could try defragmenting your hard-drive, and even completely shutdown your anti-virus before playing The Sims 3. For more general tips on that topic, see this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

I know your game doesn't "freeze to the desktop", but you can still give it a try, if you haven't done it.

Another possibility: can you save your sims family into the "bin" - in "edit town"-mode ? Then, make a new savegame (maybe in another town), put your sims into the new world, and play on for a while. For this purpose, you can also use the "Porter"-mod: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter

Let us know the result so that we can "investigate" more, then. Smile  Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 03:28

I have the same problem now, seems to do it more and more often now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:57

If I'm going to follow the steps here:

1. Go to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\  
2. Backup (Read: copy to an other folder) the folder called "The Sims 3".
3. Now completely remove the "The Sims 3" folder from: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\  
4. Start the game and see if it works now. If not, please continue with the other possible solutions from this page

What ddd
What will happen to my game if I used for example a custom content hair?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Oct 2013, 00:41

christina_pia wrote:If I'm going to follow the steps here:

1. Go to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\  
2. Backup (Read: copy to an other folder) the folder called "The Sims 3".
3. Now completely remove the "The Sims 3" folder from: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\  
4. Start the game and see if it works now. If not, please continue with the other possible solutions from this page

What ddd
What will happen to my game if I used for example a custom content hair?
In this folder (The Sims 3), your "custom content" and mods are located. If you remove the folder or rename it, then you also "remove" all custom content, mods and save files. We do this in order to rule out problems related to these things. So if you rename or remove the folder - the game will not recognize the stuff anymore. Smile

The easiest method is that you just rename the folder (into anything you like) - and then start the game. Make a new savegame for now and test it a while.

Let us know how it went ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 07:03

Hello, I renamed the folder and create a new game. It doesn't freeze anymore. What should I do? Sad

//EDIT

Hello, within 30 minutes of playing it's okay but after 30 minutes here comes the lag again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 08:02

I renamed The Sims 3 folder in My Document/Electronic Arts to 1 then tried to create a new saved game, then when I go back to that folder there's the folder that a renamed and another folder named The Sims 3. I don't know why The Sims 3 folder appeared.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 08:06

christina_pia wrote:I renamed The Sims 3 folder in My Document/Electronic Arts to 1 then tried to create a new saved game, then when I go back to that folder there's the folder that a renamed and another folder named The Sims 3. I don't know why The Sims 3 folder appeared.
That folder appears because the application cannot recognise your previous folder (renamed).

If you have tons of mods/packages, go download Delphy's Dashboard to check any mods'/CC's conflict.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 08:09

I don't have lots of mods, but I have lots of cc's.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 08:58

christina_pia wrote:I don't have lots of mods, but I have lots of cc's.
You can use 50/50 method for the sims3packs. I know it's tedious, but at least it's a good method right?

Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED] 50pFlowv2
I assume you have some mods. Do check if they are compatible with your game version (especially Nraas mods. Twallan keeps updating them even after 1.63, for example Overwatch).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 09:03

I'll try Delphy's dashboard first. Thanks! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 09:04

christina_pia wrote:I'll try Delphy's dashboard first. Thanks! Very Happy
Please let us know the result. Wink
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 09:46

That didn't work for me either. :'( and I tried to rename the folder 1 to the sims 3, but sad to say all my cc and saved game before were all gone. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 09:47

christina_pia wrote:That didn't work for me either. :'( and I tried to rename the folder 1 to the sims 3, but sad to say all my cc and saved game before were all gone. Sad
Renaming the folder will remove all your CC and mods. I think you try reinstalling CC from EA first and then proceed to 50/50 method.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:09

I'll just delete the Sims 3 folder, what do u think?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:12

christina_pia wrote:I'll just delete the Sims 3 folder, what do u think?
Deleting the folder will make you lose all your saves.

Before deleting, move the folder Saves to the new generated Sims 3 folder.

Also (if you want to), move the folder Library to the new generated Sims 3 folder if you want the sims that you have created.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:32

is there anything bad that will happen if i delete the whole "the sims 3" folder from My Documents>Electronic Arts?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:35

christina_pia wrote:is there anything bad that will happen if i delete the whole "the sims 3" folder from My Documents>Electronic Arts?
No of course.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:40

hmm, how can I get it back?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:40

christina_pia wrote:hmm, how can I get it back?
Simply run the launcher/the game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:10

I already deleted all my cc's and mods but nothing's change. the game still lags. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:25

christina_pia wrote:I already deleted all my cc's and mods but nothing's change. the game still lags. Sad
What do you mean? Do you mean you have deleted the folder The Sims 3 in Electronic Arts but it doesn't work?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:35

Yes, and I tried to play sims 3 again, but the game still freezes.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:39

As stupid as it sounds, I suggest you reapply the manual patch and redownload and reapply the Ultimate Fix.

If you have downloaded Into The Future, the manual patch can be found in the folder Support/Updates in the torrent of Into The Future.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 14:07

Hi, is it possible to uninstall the base game and reinstall it without uninstalling all the Ep's and stuffs?

//EDIT

Hello, It works all fine now. It freezes on the start then if you're playing for about 20 minutes the lag will be gone. Last question, is it okay to download cc's with sims3pack format even if I don't have mods? Why does my game freezes alot? [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Moderator edit: don't double-post, please. Use the "edit-button" on your post if you want to add something.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top