Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

game freezes alot after installing into the future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game freezes alot after installing into the future Empty game freezes alot after installing into the future

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 19:34

hello,

in my last topic i asked if i could back-up my saved game and play it after i re-installed the base game and all the expansions.
after i did that and installed into the future my game worked great for a few hours but after that it started freezing for a few second and than play again and freeze again. it's very annoying to play this way, i already re-installed everything without putting my back-up saved game in it but it didn't work.

please Help

i found this topic https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14537-why-does-my-game-freezes-alot-solved?highlight=freezes+alot and tried the things but it didn't work for me Sad

Last edited by princessS on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 20:57; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

game freezes alot after installing into the future Empty Re: game freezes alot after installing into the future

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:08

Hello,

Has your game crashed or given you any errors at all?  Or does it just freeze?  And when you say freeze, does it perma-freeze or freeze and then unfreeze, allowing you to continue the game?  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

game freezes alot after installing into the future Empty Re: game freezes alot after installing into the future

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:18

thank you so much for your reply.

no it hasn't crashed or given me errors. it just freezes for a few seconds and then unfreezes again so i can play but after a minute or 2 it freezes again for a few seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:23

Okay,

Please try these steps:

5. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Screenshots.
If there is nothing in here, no worries!  If there are photos here, drag and drop them on to either your desktop or somewhere else, just out of this Sims 3 folder!  
Tip 1: The photos in here can be from 100kb upwards to 2-6mb each.  If you aren't using them, delete them!  If you're a storyteller, get them outta' there!  All they do is bog down your game.

6. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods.
Delete ANY mods or Custom Content you DO NOT use or need!  Talk about a load off!  We can all be .package hoarders but remember that every file has a file-size and the more unnecessary files you have, the less acceptable your game performance will be.
Tip 1: My main suggestion with any mods OR custom content is to ORGANIZE them by CATEGORY!  Example: One folder is for 'hair' the other is for 'game mods', so on and so forth.
Organize your hoards.  You will thank me later.

7. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup.
Delete everything in here EXCEPT the ccmerged.package!  These files are basically backup files of all your Custom Content.  These files are not necessary for a fully functional game, thus slowing it down.  Depending on your downloading habits, you may or may not have a lot of files here.  Some people have over 1000+ files in this folder.  Interesting fact:  I had 715 files and I'd only been playing my game for FOUR DAYS.
> Sub. 7. The ccmerged.package is NOT a cache file.  This file is required for the game to run and read premium content as it is the EA's hub for XML data. It wouldn't blow up your game if you accidentally deleted it - you may just mess up your save data/s and/or make your installations unstable.  
Okay yes, deleting this file sort of does blow your game up.  Don't do it if you can help it.

8. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/FeaturedItems.
Congratulations!  You've found the most annoying files contained within the most annoying folder!  Delete everything in this folder.  EA places pictures of every Featured Item here and it is completely unnecessary for you to have!  
Tip 1:  You can actually make this folder totally inaccessible to EA (in other words, they won't be able to place anymore junk in this folder!)
[Right-click on the FeaturedItems folder.  Choose Properties.  Go to the 'Security' tab. Click 'edit' - you might be prompted with administrator approval.  Click on the account YOU play The Sims 3 on.  Look lower for 'Write' and click on the first check box under 'Deny'.  All boxes should check themselves, then click 'Apply'.  Poof, no more invasive file dumping!]

9. Install these two mods:  Overwatch  and  MasterController.
Link 1: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch
Link 2: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
The easiest way to use the Master Controller is to load up a family (perhaps even a family/save game that is acting slow or laggy), zooming out to 'Town View' and find your Town Hall. 
Click on it and select the option 'NRass' then 'Master Controller'.  A whole menu should pop up for you.  At that point, click 'Town' and then 'Reset Everything'.  Let the mod and the game do its thing, as this may take a minute.  I suggest doing this every 12 hours (basically every day you play the game).  You can do this even after making a new family or save file!

Let me know if this helps.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 21:34

thank you, i already tried those steps i didn't work it still freezes.

i also tried to re-apply the update and fix and i tried to run the game with gamebooster.

is it possible for you to check it with teamviewer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 22:13

What is your computer specs?  

We can try teamviewer if you'd prefer - I've never used it before to fiddle with another person's game or PC but I can attempt to find the problem. Smile  I am in the chatbox currently.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 22:32

my computer spec's are ok because my game runned perfectly before into the future and for a few hours after i installed into the future.

yeah, i prefer teamviewer:cry:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 02 Nov 2013, 23:49

Mods:  I helped PrincessS in Teamviewer and we fixed the problem.  It was an outdated Ultimate Fix.  

This topic can be closed! Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top