Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED] Empty Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 09:03

Hey guys!

So, obviously, the title says it all. AHAHAHAHA. Whenever I download the file, whether off this site or the mirror site, it always downloads as a VLC rar file. Any ideas? Smile

UPDATED:

Additional information. I'm honestly a computer noob, typical girl who knows squat about PCs and MACs, so, I don't care if I sound ridiculous, but the file is a rar file with the VLC logo. It's also a binary file? Eeep. AHAHAHA. I'm sorry if I come off as dumb, but, really, I don't know much. AHAHAHAHAHA. Any help would be highly appreciated! I honestly just want to play already! HAHAHAHAHA. Thank you in advance to those who read and can help! Smile

Last edited by katpertierra on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 04:19; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info)

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:10

Hello!

No worries. Are you on a PC or Mac? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED] Empty Re: Ultimate Fix downloads as VLC file :( [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:27

Hello dieneryn! I actually managed to find a way! I just had to delete the VLC app so the file would become a regular rar, download the iArchiver and it helped me out! I absolutely appreciate the effort that you put! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:29

So now im just trying to delete this thread so it's not a bother...HAHAHAHA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:31

If you wish, I can delete it for you? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:48

Oh no wait okay! I've stumbled across another problem! I'm in step 10 of the PDF form for the ultimate fix and it says to click "show orignal" when i right click the sims 3 icon. However, show original isn't showing up. What should I do? I'm sorry for being such a 'noob' but you've got all the stars and maybe you'd know what to do! I'm so sorry dieneryn! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:56

Hi there no worries at all! If you right-click do you see "Show package contents"? That works as well. Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 22:32

Oh! That's it?! AHAHAHA. This whole time I thought that it would defeat the purpose of the first step. It works perfectly fine! Thank you! I told you I'm quite the noob when it comes to these things! I should just stick to books, but, then again, the Sims makes me feel like a god, so, yes. AHAHAHAHAHA. Solved? You could delete this post then. :)Thank you again for you help! You are most kind! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 28 Oct 2013, 06:20

You are welcome! Enjoy your game! Smile

Problem solved, topic closed. Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top