Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with custom downloads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem with custom downloads Empty problem with custom downloads

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 22:08

ok i followed the instructions to correctly installing the expansions and stuff packs but know im having problem with downloading custom contents i had before i had to uninstall and re install all the games. the launcher wont download them. and if i did on at a time it still took 5 hours to do just one or the whole thing would stop responding. is there a fix or something to speed it up or fix. i even did the ultimate fix from this website. plz help i am so frustrated!

Back to top Go down

problem with custom downloads Empty Re: problem with custom downloads

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 28 Oct 2013, 23:57

Hello!

I'm sorry you're a little confused and that you're having difficulties. 

To help you out here, for the record, downloading and installing custom content has nothing to do with applying the Ultimate Fix - well, not directly any way.

If your game/s are running okay and everything is working with the Ultimate Fix/Manual patch** used, you are fine; the problem then is just getting your custom content (CC) working within your game. 
**For instructions on applying the Ultimate Fix, please click here and follow the steps as accurately as possible.

Also, please refer to this website for the basics on how to install your CC properly. Some of the info on this site you may already know, however The Sims 3 is insanely picky with how it reads your CC.  You need to have the correct folders made and the correct files IN those folders!  That website will help untangle the "custom content" web for you.

As far as your launcher freezing, please make sure that your computer setup is strong enough to handle The Sims 3.  You can test to see if your PC is compatible by going to this website.  Select or type "The Sims 3" and then activate the test.  When a new page pops up, scroll down past what looks like a video player to see your results.

Aside from that, the launcher ONLY INSTALLS .sims3pack/s.  You need to drag and drop all .Sims3packs that you've downloaded to /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads.  For more info in regards to that, please check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8GfQI27KE.  That video may not be the best one, but there are lots on Youtube to choose from.  Keep in mind that you should never download more than 200mb of custom content at a time before installing through the launcher and then launching your game to test if they work or not.  If you download gigabytes upon gigabytes of content, your launcher will probably freeze and/or it will take forever to install everything.  You also run the risk that one or more of your downloaded CC MAY not be compatible with one of your games, thus creates errors galore, glitching sims or worse: the CC may make your game crash.

I hope some of this helps!  Please let us know your progress and if you have anymore questions! Smile Good luck.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top