Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise Empty Island Paradise

Post by Guest Sat 02 Nov 2013, 22:46

Before an Admin/Moderator locks this up, please read.

For those of you having trouble downloading Island Paradise, I have figured out the problem. I've seen two threads on these forums relating to requests for re-seed on Island Paradise and both times the administrator has said it is being seeded.

The problem is when downloading from Kickass Torrents (Censored ). As you can see there are 0 seeders. And no matter how many trackers you add to the torrent the number of seeders does not change.

This doesn't sound like what the administrators are telling us about Sims 3 torrents always having more than 2 seeders. Well if you dig a little deeper and look at the torrent on The Pirate Bay (Censored ) which has >1000 seeders you'll see why.

The hash of the one from Kickass is C2FC23537150BC518FCEB898177694469EBD05D4 and the one from TPB is F563050FFD3774B873E6353F703CA358507ACFFE.
So they're two different torrents.

If you want to download Island Paradise do so using The Pirate Bay link and not the one on Kickass Torrents.

I know the comments on the Kickass.to say that the download isn't supported, but for those of us that have been trying to download for a week now might not have read that, and there was no announcement made via email of this change.

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Empty Re: Island Paradise

Post by Admin Sat 02 Nov 2013, 23:10

Hi there,

Well, you not only posted in the wrong section, but you also broke the Forum Rules by linking to external warez websites directly. (And then asked us not to lock your topic)

But yes, thank you for letting us know. You can always try this for slow downloads: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads
Should make a big difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 02:32

I apologize for posting in the wrong sections, and also for linking to external warez sites (even though it was directly to your content).

I am very good with network settings and software, and no settings need to be changed. I also don't use uTorrent because I find it very clunky and has unneeded settings/features. But I digress.

The problem lies in the torrent itself. Since G4TW does not support the torrent from KAT users that are downloading it (from my last count over 30) need to be notified to instead use the one from TPB.

Again I apologize for breaking the rules, and figured this would be the best place to put the topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Nov 2013, 13:55

//MOVED
Hello again,

No problem, I'll just move it to Off-topic then.
Let's see, the instructions are not only for µTorrent, but can be used for most Bittorrent clients. You might want to check them out, just to be sure. (You can always revert the changes) 

I'm not sure what you mean with "G4TW does not suppo..." - Oh, wait, it's the removed one, right? Yes, I know what you mean now.
We used to have the fixed one on KAT too, but KAT had to remove it, due to a DMCA complaint. So we figured we'd leave the old one there and redirect people to use the new one. People usually check the comments first when there are download issues.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 19:40

Admin wrote:People usually check the comments first when there are download issues.
Most people do, but a lot of people trust G4TW and just click download. I had started the download before the comments were placed. We can surely hope that people read the comments before downloading, but we all know how people are. Razz

Sucks that KAT removed due to DMCA claim. I wasn't aware they did that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Nov 2013, 20:43

Hi there,

Haha, yes, it especially sucks because they didn't remove all the other versions.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male