Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations? - Page 2 Empty What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations?

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 06:15

First topic message reminder :

I'm sure most of us have seen the trailer for The Sims 4. And well, I was very disappointed with what I saw. I was expecting more realistic graphics. Some say that it would look "freaky" or "weird". But I like realistic graphics. I mean when your trying to recreate life wouldn't you want it to look realistic? Makes the most sense to me. 

I saw the trailer and instantly felt like EA took a step backward. To me it looks like a slightly better version of The Sims 2. I understand that EA is trying to make TS4 more "playable" on "lower end" PC's, due to the plague of problems with Sims 3, which is unbelievable how many problems have been caused. Even the best gamer PC's fell to it's knee's when trying to play on it's highest settings. I mean gamer PC's are quite expensive and well, your average person isn't likely to have one, just a basic browsing computer meant to browse the internet and play on "simple" games. 

Although I do like the how there aren't any sliders in CAS although it looks a bit "tough". I don't like how in the gameplay I believe his name was Andre got "depressed" just because he heard a sad song on the violin. Like seriously? That does not happen. This is only going to cause problems for me. I really like how the Sims 3 look and how realistic you can make them look. I'm really dissapointed and don't plan on buying TS4. 

I'm aware that these are the "preliminary" results and that there is still time to improve the way they look. But I mean if that's what it looks like in the end, then I don't plan on buying it. To me I'm not fascinated by the cartoony look, it's quite a turn off. 

What do you think of TS4? Excited? Happy? Sad? Dissapointed?

Moderator edit: I've added a link to that trailer on YouTube. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations?

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2014, 20:17

Sims 4?
It was nowhere near what I expected it to be. I found it very "unappealing".
when I first saw the trailer I really didn't see much of a difference between sims 4 and sims 2. It was ridiculously stupid.
Don't even mention the graphics!(ugh)
What's with the create a sim part?!?! 
It's really disappointing that EA spent so much money for something that's not even worth it.
anyway make long story short; HATED IT!

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations?

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 15:35

Everyone's bashing so much, and I'm just sitting here being really excited, like a child on Christmas..
*Hides in corner*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 15:42

So u mean u like?!?! Shocked 
If yes then u should write more about what u think! Very Happy 
Everyone has different opinion! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 16:56

I don't know, I've just always loved the Sims games..
And I'm really hyped for the new Create-A-Sim, I think it's amazing. And the feelings and how they seem to work.
And if it actually runs smoother on the computer too. I have a gaming computer, but still Sims3 slows it down and almost kills it.
I do love the Sims3 but it's just not nice to my computer.
And, again, the Create-A-Sim tool. I'm dying inside, I so want that. I'm tired of sliders everywhere.

I'm just so mad at EA for overpricing things.
I usually buy games, but EA is the only people I don't really buy things from lol...
I'm so glad this webpage exists ahahahaha..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Mar 2014, 05:18

I thought the sims looked fine. And this was definitely the route I expected them to take:

What do you guys think of The Sims 4 trailer? Did it meet your expectations? - Page 2 5f4191

Both generations have there very own way of looking realistic. The TS4 sims in my opinion don't look bad at all. It's a different style of design that for some reason fits. TS3 sim only seemed to have pudding faces and blank expressions (unless you tell them to do interactions), even if you used custom content, and I just couldn't relate to them. Realism for me is only how you make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 21:36

Personally, I like the sims, it's like a wibbly-wobbly line between TS2 and TS3, which gives it a cool appearance. I wouldn't really want something uncanny, some TS3 CC sims are just that. I don't like the new interface though, it looks...ugly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 22:36

im having some mixed feelings about it. i looks kind of exciting but screams NO at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:00

i staying with sims 3 until more expansions come out for sims 4

Mod edit: Topic moved to "The Sims 4 chit-chat".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 18:18

The only thing i can say i'm disappointed with TS4 is the world map and how even when you're right next to the gym you still get a loading screen to get there. I really miss the liberty to go anywhere you wanted! This game is so limited in that part. I also miss the grocery store.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 20:26

I actually hated their looks in the sims 3, it looks to me so ugly! no matter what I do with them, but I gut "used" to it. but I still think sims 3 looks, in face and stuff not look realistic at all! and they are not suppose to look realistic in that way.
so, in turns of "looks", I think EA did the right thing in giving the sims a look that fit them nicely and cleanly. it's fit them in my eyes, and their face with their Emotion's is a very big Improvement.
there is a lot of things that I disappointed about and can complain about in the Sims 4, but the appearance is not one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Oct 2014, 01:06

When i saw TS4 for first time,i was:Seriously guys?TS3 is masterpeace,trailer I is confused...but when u release game,i try it..Then i said..A masterpeace!Alot better and fluid then TS3,easier a little,Alot more emotions,ways to talk with others...it's just... bounce bounce bounce...For now,basic game is aloot better then TS3,and don't judge them,wait a patch,wait a first rumor from EA for expansion,give it a shot.My opinion...this gonna to be a real Masterpeace Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top