Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 randomly Shutting off

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 randomly Shutting off Empty Sims 3 randomly Shutting off

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 20:23

Hi,

I recently had some problems with the sims 3:

1: It shutted off for no reason, it just crashed, saying on my desktop the sims 3 has stopped working.
2: When i tried to save, so when it did crash i didn't lose anything, it said something went wrong during saving, error 12.
3: Whenever i wanted to change clothes using my wardrobe, it also crashed.
4: When i did my everyday clothing nothing went wrong with my make up, but when i wanted to change clothes for evening clothing my make up changed, even though i locked the make up to use for every outfit.

So i emailed with games4theworld and problem 1 & 2 were solved, Thank you very much!
But he couldn't really help me with 3 and 4 because those were in-gameproblems that were beyond his knowledge.
So if someone could help me with those problems?
ALSO: i was playing the other day and saved every once in a while out of fear it would crash again Sad So i was about to save my game again, and the screen of saving wouldn't go away, while normally it would take about 2-3 min but now it saved for 10-15 min so something was wrong so i had no choice but to stop the sims with force, and when i started it back up, my whole game was gone! :'( 
Oh yeah and i have to say i downloaded Sunlit tides world after problem 1 & 2 were fixed because i wanted it so bad

If you could help me please?
Also big thank you for uploading all sims!!
And quick reply's (:

My Kind regards.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 randomly Shutting off Empty Re: Sims 3 randomly Shutting off

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 16 Nov 2013, 20:32

Hello,

I'm glad you got in contact with us and a few of your problems were solved!

In regards to your wardrobe "malfunctioning", lol, please make sure you're running your games without ANY mods or custom content (CC).  See if the crashing stops then.  If not, please let us know.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 20:37

Sephymuffins wrote:Hello,

I'm glad you got in contact with us and a few of your problems were solved!

In regards to your wardrobe "malfunctioning", lol, please make sure you're running your games without ANY mods or custom content (CC).  See if the crashing stops then.  If not, please let us know.

Happy Simming.  The Sims Plumbob 1
Hi,

How do i make sure i deleted all mods or cc?
Thank you

Kind regards

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2013, 20:56

Shelseyy wrote:Hi,

Thank you

Kind regards
Can you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like ? Then re-start the game...

Make a new savegame for now, and play on to see if it still crashes. By the way: how long are your playing sessions ? Try shortening them...

And please: don't double-post. I will only delete them; this is considered like spamming here, so please. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 21:00

Carlos G. wrote:

Thank you

Kind regards
Can you go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like ? Then re-start the game...

Make a new savegame for now, and play on to see if it still crashes. By the way: how long are your playing sessions ? Try shortening them...

And please: don't double-post. I will only delete them; this is considered like spamming here, so please. Wink 

Hi,

I will try this and keep you posted, i'm sorry for the spamming, i didn't really understand how to start a new topic, this is my first so i also didn't quite understood how to reply so i did both ways to make sure you guys saw it! (: Sorry again and thanks!

Kind regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 22:30

Shelseyy wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:

Thank you

Kind regards

Hi,

I will try this and keep you posted, i'm sorry for the spamming, i didn't really understand how to start a new topic, this is my first so i also didn't quite understood how to reply so i did both ways to make sure you guys saw it! (: Sorry again and thanks!

Kind regards
Hi,
So i was playing and i haven't tried the wardrobe thing yet, but i renamed the folder like you said.. so i was playing and tried to save but it did say error 12 again ;/ so i checked the folder again, and noticed it replaced itself so now i have 2 folders. The one that i renamed (sims) and the one that replaced itself (The Sims 3) and it just crashed again.

Kind regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 16 Nov 2013, 23:33

Hello,

Please attempt to redownload the manual patch and apply it, as well as redownload the ultimate fix and override your base game's files once more.  You can find instructions on how to do that here.  If you need any visual assistance with doing these two things, please click the first link in my signature for an instructional video I made. 

I also suggest you go here and download this mod.  I've heard this mod helps with the Error ## (number) problems that some people have.  The errors 12 and 13, etc., are pretty rare and they were prominent years ago.  Anyway, hope one of these solutions helps. Let us know!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 01:32

I recently downloaded and installed The Sims 3 Into The Future and at first things were fine but when I asked the time traveler Emit to fix the portal the game crashed. I uninstalled and am going to try again. I do have mods but they are all up to date and should not be causing the problem. I will make another post if it does not fix it. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Nov 2013, 01:34

SavageSickness wrote:I recently downloaded and installed The Sims 3 Into The Future and at first things were fine but when I asked the time traveler Emit to fix the portal the game crashed. I uninstalled and am going to try again. I do have mods but they are all up to date and should not be causing the problem. I will make another post if it does not fix it. 
Hello,

We ask that you please make your own topic in this forum so that all available staff can assist you - as well as ensure there is not any miscommunication.  Thank you!

Happy Simming. The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 02:06

Sephymuffins wrote:Hello,

Please attempt to redownload the manual patch and apply it, as well as redownload the ultimate fix and override your base game's files once more.  You can find instructions on how to do that here.  If you need any visual assistance with doing these two things, please click the first link in my signature for an instructional video I made. 

I also suggest you go here and download this mod.  I've heard this mod helps with the Error ## (number) problems that some people have.  The errors 12 and 13, etc., are pretty rare and they were prominent years ago.  Anyway, hope one of these solutions helps. Let us know!
Hi again,

I already redownloaded the manual patch and the ultimate fix, your colleague already made me do these steps again to make sure that this wasn't the problem and it wasn't cause it didn't help at all, he also made me download that mod so i already have that installed :s 
Please help!

Kind regards

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 09:45

Shelseyy wrote:Hi again,

I already redownloaded the manual patch and the ultimate fix, your colleague already made me do these steps again to make sure that this wasn't the problem and it wasn't cause it didn't help at all, he also made me download that mod so i already have that installed :s 
Please help!

Kind regards
In addition to what Sephymuffins already said, check this topic here for save errors: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

Also, try this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you want to use the "4 GB patch" (step #3), then double-click the patch, and choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location.

Good luck and let us know the result ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 17:07

Carlos G. wrote:
Shelseyy wrote:Hi again,

Please help!

Kind regards
In addition to what Sephymuffins already said, check this topic here for save errors: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

Also, try this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you want to use the "4 GB patch" (step #3), then double-click the patch, and choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location.

Good luck and let us know the result ! Smile

Hi!

My uncle formatted my computer, so he fully cleaned it, everything is gone, also sims 3 and my mods en cc.
I'm in the middle of installing the sims 3 over again and all it's accessoires and expansion packs.
I hope the cleaning of my pc helped, but i will let you know if it still crashes and all the other problems.

Kind regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top