Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims (3) save errors fix. (Error code 12, 13, 15, 16) *[UPDATED 24-11-2012]*

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims (3) save errors fix. (Error code 12, 13, 15, 16) *[UPDATED 24-11-2012]* Empty The sims (3) save errors fix. (Error code 12, 13, 15, 16) *[UPDATED 24-11-2012]*

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Apr 2012, 21:14

Hello Sims fans,

If you’ve ever encountered a save game error, you’ll know what I’m talking about when I say it’s not something to be happy about. Here’s some information about the errors, and possible solutions and prevention.

Error code 12:

This is the most dreaded of them all. It’s a serious error and there’s a possibility that your save game becomes corrupted. Initially, you can’t do much to prevent this error from occurring, but you can minimize the damage by following this piece of advice. At least you won’t lose much progress this way.
It’s an “out of memory” error and most often happens with large save games, meaning neighbourhoods you’ve been playing for several generations. A lot of junkfiles are building up in your saves directory making the saving process too much to handle because of the limitations in The Sims 3’s memory usage, a maximum of around 3,7GB RAM.

It has been reported that the error will occur less frequently if you limit your game time. Save your game and exit after a few hours, then restart the game.
Using errortrap can help, but only delays the inevitable. The same goes for disabling memories in game, it'll keep your save files much smaller. But eventually the error can occur.

The best thing to do to prevent this from happening is moving over to a new town. The simple way is to pick up your family, copy them to the bin and have them restart in a new neighbourhood, but of course this ruins all relationships outside the household, which is a real shame especially if you have several generations.

There is a mod called porter that allows you to pack up all families in a town and unpack them in a new town, replacing duplicates (so if you’re moving them from Sunset Valley, to a new Sunset Valley, you won’t have 2 Goth families, for example).  All relationships between sims will be preserved. Depending on how large your population is, you might not be able to pack them up all at once. Though I was able to move over 100 Sims at once.
Make sure to read Porters’ FAQ before attempting to use it.

bonionionring wrote:ah I think I have solved this problem. Just tips, what I did was just minimised it then I moved (even if I deleted it, it won't affect too much since the game would recreate this package as I saved it) travelDB.package on this root C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and opened the file I wanted the game saved. I went back to the game and just saved it. The Error 12 code gone, I could save it again.

A final thing you could do is compressorize your save file using s3rc.exe from the decrapifying tools. That'll get rid of junk files. It's definitely not something you should do very often, I only recommend it as a final resort, and for the love of God, backup your saves folder before you do this at all.

Error code 16:

Fortunately this one is not so intense and often quite easily solved by “save as” and choosing a new name for your save game.
This particular error can occur when your HD is full, when the folder is in use by another program (for example, your anti virus is scanning it at the same time you’re trying to save), or when that save game’s folder is read-only.

Error code 13:

Doesn’t occur very often. It’s unclear what causes this one.
More information can be found here.

Error code 15:

Occurs when you don’t have rights to write in this folder.  Running the game as Administrator prevents this error from occurring.

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 3 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 3 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE SECTION WITH THE SAME NAME.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)