Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game Empty Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 17:42

Hello There,

I have the original Sims 3 base version and wanted to install all the expansions and stuff packs. I tried with nightlife straight away but it didn't work so I removed everything and re-installed my base game from disc and tried Ambitions and voila it worked. I can't download all the expansions in one go due to my internet limit and I want to do them in their release order like 2 expansions and 3 stuffs pack a month or so. So I once again removed everything and re-installed my base game but didn't update it. Then when I downloaded the World Adventures and read the instructions, it required me to install 4 cracks before I proceeded further and I tried following it but nothing worked so I'm about to just re-install my base game alone again and update it first and then install the World Adventures the way I did the Ambitions and proceed till Ambitions expansions and then install the ultimate fix as per the instructions. My question is, if everything works peachy right now, will there be any issues when I try to install another update say in a couple of weeks time? And if it happens will a re-install of ultimate fix solve the issue? I'm hoping it would work and will update once it does. I'm posting this to see if anyone has done similar stuff, i.e, had the original base game but downloaded the expansions from here and done that.

Thanks in advance.
Prax.

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game Empty Re: Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game

Post by Dieneryn Wed 27 Nov 2013, 10:10

Hello,

You might encounter problems in the future if you have not been doing a clean uninstallation. Please refer to the link below to make sure that you have done clean uninstalls before re-installing.

How to Properly Uninstall Sims 3:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

If you do not perform a proper uninstall, you might encounter problems in the future that even the Ultimate Fix would not be able to solve.

Also, make sure that you do not use any of the cracks that come with the Expansion Packs itself as they are outdated. Make sure you install according to our PC Install guide.

Guide:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I hope that helped Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game Empty Re: Installing expansions for the original version of SIMS3 Base Game

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 13:47

Thanks Dieneryn. I did the full uninstall only. I also have successfully managed to install the entire set of all expansions and stuffs one after the other in successive days. All I did was just install and reapply the ultimate fix over each time and things are peachy!!! Thank you so much folks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 14:07

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top