Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansions with the base game already bought.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansions with the base game already bought. Empty Installing expansions with the base game already bought.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2017, 07:34

Hello,

I bought The Sims 3 on Origin and was wondering what steps I have to take to install all the expansions. I downloaded the complete edition off this website and tried to follow along with the guide but when I went to install the crack, it said that I didn't have the sims 3 installed on my computer.

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions with the base game already bought. Empty Re: Installing expansions with the base game already bought.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 Feb 2017, 15:24

Hello,

Well, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, as long as your game hasn't been updated to 1.69 by Origin. You'll have to disable automatic updates.
Other than that, it should work exactly like with a pirated base game, except your base game is installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\... instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\...
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions with the base game already bought. Empty Re: Installing expansions with the base game already bought.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2017, 17:39

It actually is updated. can I uninstall the update?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Feb 2017, 19:19

kidHussle wrote:It actually is updated. can I uninstall the update?

Hello,

Probably not. You'd have to uninstall that Origin basegame completely, and then go for a pirated base game. "Re-downloading" the Origin basegame wouldn't do anything here, since it will still update to 1.69, automatically. Sorry I can't offer an easier solution.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 Feb 2017, 20:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
kidHussle wrote:It actually is updated. can I uninstall the update?

Hello,

Probably not. You'd have to uninstall that Origin basegame completely, and then go for a pirated base game. "Re-downloading" the Origin basegame wouldn't do anything here, since it will still update to 1.69, automatically. Sorry I can't offer an easier solution.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

You can turn off automatic updates in Origin, but it will probably be easier, and more convenient, to simply install the pirated base game as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2017, 21:37

I tried installing the Sims 3 setup and got these error codes
Installing expansions with the base game already bought. 20170213Ok, so I tried installing the pirated base game from the Sims 3 complete edition and it gave me a few error codes
Installing expansions with the base game already bought. 20170210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Feb 2017, 22:08

Try using WinRAR, instead of 7-zip, to unpack the contents of the .RAR. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top