Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED] Empty Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 18:17

So before I discovered your website I bought and installed: The Sims 3, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Pets, Generations, University Life, and Island Paradise. Upon discovering your site, I downloaded the rest of the EPs and Diesel Stuff. The game worked great. After downloading and installing about five more stuff packs, I opened the game launcher and tried to install some things that had recently been placed in my downloads folder. A message popped up saying that I had unofficial game modifications that were not compatible with my game. I quickly uninstalled everything I had downloaded from this site and removed all my mods. I ran my game without custom content and got the same message. Finally I gave up and hit the 'Continue' button. Everything worked smoothly until I clicked on one of my saved games. It didn't really load. It just sat there. When I tried to exit the game or minimize the screen, it wouldn't work, but I could still move the mouse. My laptop is running on Windows 7.

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Nov 2013, 18:24

SkullRoseInsignia wrote:So before I discovered your website I bought and installed: The Sims 3, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Pets, Generations, University Life, and Island Paradise. Upon discovering your site, I downloaded the rest of the EPs and Diesel Stuff. The game worked great. After downloading and installing about five more stuff packs, I opened the game launcher and tried to install some things that had recently been placed in my downloads folder. A message popped up saying that I had unofficial game modifications that were not compatible with my game. I quickly uninstalled everything I had downloaded from this site and removed all my mods. I ran my game without custom content and got the same message. Finally I gave up and hit the 'Continue' button. Everything worked smoothly until I clicked on one of my saved games. It didn't really load. It just sat there. When I tried to exit the game or minimize the screen, it wouldn't work, but I could still move the mouse. My laptop is running on Windows 7.
Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into something like "The Sims 3.old".

Then, re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Start the game then. You'll see that your custom content and old saves are gone, but we'll get to that later. Just see if that works and let us know !

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unofficial Game Modification Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 19:28

Alright, it worked. What now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Nov 2013, 19:54

SkullRoseInsignia wrote:Alright, it worked. What now?
This shows that you either had incompatible mods, or that you used an outdated "Ultimate fix". But it's good to hear that it's working !

Now...go to your renamed "The Sims 3" folder and copy the following folders: Saves, DCCache, Installed Worlds.

Paste all of this stuff into your new "The Sims 3" folder. This should bring back your old saves and all .sims3packs you installed. As for your mods (inside the "Mods" folder), make sure to re-download all of them, and most importantly, make sure that you download the latest versions of all mods.

And that should do ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 20:25

Thanks. Smile So if I ever want to download more EPs from the site will I have to do all the steps again? After getting all I need out of the old folder can I delete it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Nov 2013, 20:32

SkullRoseInsignia wrote:Thanks. Smile So if I ever want to download more EPs from the site will I have to do all the steps again? After getting all I need out of the old folder can I delete it?
This problem doesn't have anything to do which or how many EPs or SPs you installed. Most likely your problem was that you had one or more mods that were incompatible with your current patch level. You can install mods of course, but read the instructions (at the sites where you download the mods) very carefully. Again, you need to make sure that ALL mods are compatible with your patch level.

To make things even more complicated, sometimes, "compatible" mods can cause problems too. But that's another topic, and probably not relevant in your case.

If you want to add EPs or SPs, just install them, and afterwards, re-do the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should do ! Is there anything else I can help with ? Smile

//EDIT

Yes, if you want, you can delete the old "The Sims 3"-folder now. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2013, 20:46

No, but thank you very much for the help. Last night I was about to pull my hair out in frustration. xD

Moderator edit: OK, happy simming ! Smile  Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top