Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 06:49

I know this has been posted a million times but please hear me out!
Yesterday I was playing The Sims 3 with absolutely no problems.
Being unaware that I was not supposed to update to 1.31, I did just that.
After realizing it was a mistake, I launched a System Restore, rewinding to a few hours earlier, before I applied the update.

So now I'm back with 1.29 but the game will no longer launch. I have tried applying the latest fix over and over.
Every time I try to launch the game I get the "Unofficial game modification" error & when I press "continue" it crashes after 3 or so minutes after being on the "Master Suite" loading screen. I have no custom content & no mods. Every post I've seen related to this issue has recommended to apply the latest fix, which is all I've been doing. I'm stuck!

Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:09

Hello,
I think system restore didn't effectively undo the patch, it may show up as version 1.29, but it's possible that some of the patch files remained causing this error.
You can wait for the new fix which will allow you to play the game with version 1.31, or you can completely reinstall your entire game taking care not to let is update to 1.31.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "Unofficial game modification" error. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 12:50

Hello,

I'd indeed recommend waiting for the Fix' update. When it has been updated, download the v1.31 (NOT the v1.29 one!) manual patch from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch and then re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 18:42

Thanks you guys. I didn't consider that it didn't completely get rid of 1.31. I'll wait for the latest fix. king

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:01

Hello,

Good! Can I close this topic for now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:13

Actually, one quick question! (Sorry!)
Depending on how long it might take to wait for the new 1.31 fix, I might want to try reinstalling. The question is, would I have to reinstall everything? The base game AND expansions? Or would I just have to reinstall the base game?

Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:51

Hello,

As far as I know, yes, you'll have to reinstall everything, restart your PC and then reinstall everything.
After re-installation, you'll need use the version 1.29 manual patch.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:55

FUU! I'm better off waiting for the newest patch then. Thanks for your help! You can close the topic if you wish. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top