Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED] Empty 'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:16

Hello.

My game used to lag, used to crash, caused by mods.
I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything, without mods, without cc, and for the first time ever it doesn't do anything wrong! Yay!

Now, after 2 weeks of playing (like 2 hours a day) i click the 'save' button, and i can hear the sound of clicking the button, but it doesn't save.
The game just goes on. I can click everything from the menu but nothing does something.

Sorry for my english, i only speak dutch & spanish so my english is not that good.
Haha!

Can someone help me? Please.. Sad

Greetings!

Back to top Go down

'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED] Empty Re: 'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:19

xCharlieee wrote:Hello.

My game used to lag, used to crash, caused by mods.
I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything, without mods, without cc, and for the first time ever it doesn't do anything wrong! Yay!

Now, after 2 weeks of playing (like 2 hours a day) i click the 'save' button, and i can hear the sound of clicking the button, but it doesn't save.
The game just goes on. I can click everything from the menu but nothing does something.

Sorry for my english, i only speak dutch & spanish so my english is not that good.
Haha!

Can someone help me? Please.. Sad

Greetings!
Hello,

Try going into "edit-town" mode. When you are prompted whether you want to save your game, click on "Save".

See if that works.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED] Empty Re: 'Save' & 'Save As' Doesn't do anything. HELP ! [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:38

Hello Carlos.

Just tried, Doesn't work neither.

It ask if i want to save the game, i click on the 'V' which stands for yes, and than. Nothing.
No swirling load circle thingie..
Nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:50

xCharlieee wrote:Hello Carlos.

Just tried, Doesn't work neither.

It ask if i want to save the game, i click on the 'V' which stands for yes, and than. Nothing.
No swirling load circle thingie..
Nothing.
Sounds like an 'interesting' glitch. I think I had a similar problem with another user in the past, which is why I suggested the thing with "edit-town" mode. Either way, this is a very rare glitch, and I can't really think of any cause of this.

It might sounds too obvious, but I hope you have enough filespace on your hard-drive ?

Try saving your sim(s) into the bin in "edit-town" mode. Exit the game to the main menu, create a new savefile, and put your sim(s) from the bin into it...

Also, the following might be worth a try: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner

Download that tool in Lady ElDi's first post. And backup your savefiles before applying this.

If that doesn't help either, try un-installing the base game. Re-boot the computer afterwards. Then, re-install the base game, re-apply the latest manual patch (version 1.63), and at the end, re-apply the latest Ultimate fix.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:52

Hey Carlos.
Just reloaded my game and it works. Out of nothing.

Still don't know what the glitch caused.
Thanks anyway for your help, it's very appreciated!

x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 Dec 2013, 23:59

xCharlieee wrote:Hey Carlos.
Just reloaded my game and it works. Out of nothing.

Still don't know what the glitch caused.
Thanks anyway for your help, it's very appreciated!

x
Well, it's good to hear that ! Smile 

Now that I come to think of it, the other user who had that problem clicked on the "quit"-button. She was then prompted whether she wanted to save before exiting the game. And this "method" seemingly worked for her. However, this seems irrelevant in your case, though.

Theoretically, anti-virus software can interfere with the saving process of the game; maybe that was the cause ?

Either way, I'm glad it worked out for you now. Feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions. This topic is closed.

Happy simming ! The Sims Plumbob 1

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top