Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over... Empty No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over...

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 04:25

Hello,
I've been searching this forum for a good few hours and tried absolutely every single fix, including the ultimate fix and the manual patch for 1.63. I've downloaded all the base game + expansion pack + stuff pack from thepiratebay, a download of 60 GB which was virus-free and apparently works perfectly well for everyone else. I applied their patch and followed the instructions exactly, but then I get an error when trying to open either TS3W or Siims3Launcher.

When I try opening TS3W, a black screen appears as if to load the game, but then an error message appears saying "Unable to start game, service initialization failed (0x024e424f). And if I try launching the Sims3Launcher, then I only get a popup message saying "Sims3 has stopped working" with the usual close program or search the internet for solutions prompt.
I'm at a complete loss, no matter what I do, I ALWAYS get these two errors.
Is there really nothing I can do?

I have Windows 7 ultimate, running on a Gateway laptop with all the minimum specs to run the game, as I have already played the base game a few months ago (though a different installation).

//EDIT

And now there's something weird. I cannot launch those two applications, but I can use the TS3 executable, and it actually launches the game just fine. Problem is, it's just the base game. So none of the expansions and stuff work at all, but the base game does, and only with the TS3, not the others.

Back to top Go down

No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over... Empty Re: No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Dec 2013, 14:34

LordArkana wrote:Hello,
I've been searching this forum for a good few hours and tried absolutely every single fix, including the ultimate fix and the manual patch for 1.63. I've downloaded all the base game + expansion pack + stuff pack from thepiratebay, a download of 60 GB which was virus-free and apparently works perfectly well for everyone else. I applied their patch and followed the instructions exactly, but then I get an error when trying to open either TS3W or Siims3Launcher.

When I try opening TS3W, a black screen appears as if to load the game, but then an error message appears saying "Unable to start game, service initialization failed (0x024e424f). And if I try launching the Sims3Launcher, then I only get a popup message saying "Sims3 has stopped working" with the usual close program or search the internet for solutions prompt.
I'm at a complete loss, no matter what I do, I ALWAYS get these two errors.
Is there really nothing I can do?

I have Windows 7 ultimate, running on a Gateway laptop with all the minimum specs to run the game, as I have already played the base game a few months ago (though a different installation).

//EDIT

And now there's something weird. I cannot launch those two applications, but I can use the TS3 executable, and it actually launches the game just fine. Problem is, it's just the base game. So none of the expansions and stuff work at all, but the base game does, and only with the TS3, not the others.

Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like..

Then, re-do the steps from 2 to 4 (just to be sure): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

See if that helped you; and if not, then we'll think about other solutions. Good luck !

P.S. you can use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add anything. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over... Empty Re: No matter which step I do, I get the same error over and over...

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 15:02

Thanks for replying!
Well, I tried what you said and renamed my folder into something else in My Documents, and reapplied everything, and still the same error. Which exe am I supposed to use to open the game? Maybe I'm using the wrong one? I have TS3W, S3Launcher, TS3W, etc. But anyways, they all give me the same error. I still get "The game has stopped working".
Also, when I tried opening the game, a new The Sims 3 folder has been created in My Documents, along with the one I renamed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Dec 2013, 15:12

LordArkana wrote:Thanks for replying!
Well, I tried what you said and renamed my folder into something else in My Documents, and reapplied everything, and still the same error. Which exe am I supposed to use to open the game? Maybe I'm using the wrong one? I have TS3W, S3Launcher, TS3W, etc. But anyways, they all give me the same error. I still get "The game has stopped working".
Also, when I tried opening the game, a new The Sims 3 folder has been created in My Documents, along with the one I renamed.

Hello again,

I'm afraid there is not too much else I can suggest anymore. You can/should open the game with the TS3W.exe in the base game location, but if you say that doesn't work either...

I don't suppose these games you downloaded are from Games4TheWorld ? Some uploaders "modify" their (Sims 3) uploads - for whatever reason. And this means, that the Ultimate fix-crack from here does NOT work with these games.

If they are really from another uploader, try the ones from G4TW, available here:

http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Otherwise I'm not sure, maybe another Helper or Mod knows more about this ?  Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 15:25

I have used this torrent, and games4theworld are credited for it.
Hmm.. it seems I cannot post link, but it is by the user SilentR.

So I'm not sure if they're the original files or not, but they seem functional. I'll try uninstalling everything except the base game and reinstalling with your downloads instead for the expansions, one at a time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 20:55

Hey, I'm making a new comment instead of an edit because I have an update.
I just realized that I tried applying the fix to my old base game folder, which was located in Program Files (86x) but my new install was in Program Files!
I retried everything from the right location, and it works!

One question though: I uninstalled a few expansion packs, like Pets and Town life and a few others. If I reinstall them, do I have to reapply the crack again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top