Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!! Empty Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!!

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:24

Hi, I have been playing the Sims 3 since it first came out. I saw your website one day and saw all the expansion packs that I wanted so I downloaded them (Late Night, Diesel, Island Paradise, Showtime, University Life, Ambitions, Pets, and Seasons). I also downloaded the Into the Future expansion too but I undownloaded it because I thought it was causing the problem. Basically, I'm allowed to play for an hour and a half before it completely freezes and will not move at all. I would know that it has frozen because the music would stop and it would be really quiet. This never happened until after I downloaded the new patch. I tried the DEP and removing my mods and the problem kept occurring. I'm on winter vacation and I really want to play The Sims really bad!!! Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!! Empty Re: Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:41

Dinerrah wrote:Hi, I have been playing the Sims 3 since it first came out. I saw your website one day and saw all the expansion packs that I wanted so I downloaded them (Late Night, Diesel, Island Paradise, Showtime, University Life, Ambitions, Pets, and Seasons). I also downloaded the Into the Future expansion too but I undownloaded it because I thought it was causing the problem. Basically, I'm allowed to play for an hour and a half before it completely freezes and will not move at all. I would know that it has frozen because the music would stop and it would be really quiet. This never happened until after I downloaded the new patch. I tried the DEP and removing my mods and the problem kept occurring. I'm on winter vacation and I really want to play The Sims really bad!!! Help

Hello,

Re-read this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you have a 64-bit operating system, and if your computer has 4 GB RAM or more, then use the "4 GB patch" in step #3 of that guide. Download the patch and double-click on it. Then, choose the TS3W.exe file in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Also: is your computer strong enough to handle the Sims 3 and so many expansions ?

Next: before you restart the game, go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Currentgame.sims3. Delete all contents in the folder before re-starting the game.

You can also try just shortening your playing sessions. Then exit the game and wait for a little while before resuming.

In general, make sure to have enough filespace on your hard-drive, and to defragment the drive regularly.

Let me know if anything of that worked for you ! Smile

P.S. Please don't bump in other sections of the forum; rather, keep your discussion in THIS topic here. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!! Empty Re: Sims 3 has stop responding (crashing)!!

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:46

I have a 32 bit gateway hard drive in an Aspire One Acer laptop because my other laptop hard drive got fried. Where can I check to find what RAM I have?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:50

Dinerrah wrote:I have a 32 bit gateway hard drive in an Aspire One Acer laptop because my other laptop hard drive got fried. Where can I check to find what RAM I have?

I'm afraid you have to forget the idea with the 4 GB patch, since 32-bit systems are..well, "prone" to that. Also, keep in mind that most laptops aren't made for "hardcore-gaming", and The Sims 3 and its expansions are HIGHLY demanding games.

Try my other "suggestions" then (shortening the playing sessions, etc).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 03:53

I also have another problem... After the Maxis symbol and before the loading screen comes up there is always a few pauses in between the music and it sounds like it skips(The intro where it shows the people dancing on the beach and other stuff).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top