Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University Life - Game won't stop crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Life - Game won't stop crashing Empty University Life - Game won't stop crashing

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 14:11

Hello,

I have all the expansions (no stuff packs) and some cc. My game ran fine but today, I installed University Life. Everything seemed fine and then a few minutes into the game, before I had even played a second in-game while I was paused and still reading the new lessons, my game crashed I didn't get an error message, it just closed and I got the 'windows is checking for a solution to the problem' thing. I've emptied the cache folder, removed all my mods and cc

When I went into C:/Users/My Computer's Name/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 on my way to empty my cache, I noticed a number of xml files which were named script error which were date and time stamped to when the crashes occurred.

After I removed the cc, I tried playing and I got a bunch of black screens when I opened up social networking. When I sent my sim for a shower, he got stuck since it's a CC shower. I went into buy mode to replace all my CC objects and the panel was all black - I had to blindly click to get to the buy section I needed. I started replacing my CC and my game crashed again.

With cc but everything else removed, everything appears to be as per usual, except for the crashing which always happens a certain number of minutes in, whether I've left it on the main menu or I've loaded a family.

Help Sad

Back to top Go down

University Life - Game won't stop crashing Empty Re: University Life - Game won't stop crashing

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 14:32

Did you add your games to the DEP? See here.

Back to top Go down

University Life - Game won't stop crashing Empty Re: University Life - Game won't stop crashing

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 16:46

Hello,

Yes, I tried it. There were some .exe files which I was not able to add because I received notifications saying they could not be excluded but I added all the files the system would allow me to the exclusion list. I opened the game, it seemed to be playing fine for a few minutes then instead of crashing suddenly as it has been all day, it froze for a minute or two first then crashed the way it did before, with the same windows message.

Also, after I posted the initial post but before I added the games to the DEP, I was in the launcher, uninstalling some CC and the launcher crashed the same way the game itself has been crashing, with the same windows message about checking for a solution to the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 17:08

What about the ultimate fix? Did you follow ALL the steps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 02:53

I did every applicable step of the Ultimate Fix, removed all the files from the DEP exclusion list and re-added them to make sure all the new files were on the list and tried to play - it crashed again, the same way it did before.

I hope I'm wrong (please please please let me know if I am) but it seems to me I will have to uninstall and reinstall. If I do this, I will lose years of gameplay so I am not at all willing to do it and will probably just stop playing altogether if that's my only option. I downloaded all my games from G4tW. What could possibly be causing this? I have hundreds of GBs free space, 4GB ram and have never had a video card problem before...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 10:17

Sorry, wrong manip here Embarassed
Try editing your posts rather than double posting...
You can put your save files in another folder (desktop for example), then uninstall everything, then re install everything.
Then try your game. If it works, you can put your saves back in place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top