Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found Empty Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Post by Guest Sat 21 Dec 2013, 18:50

Okay so let me tell you what's wrong with my css and what i did in attempt to fix it.
About three weeks ago i reinstalled my copy of windows 7 ultimate i did this because it was clogged with junk files and errors and i thought that if i reinstall it i would get a faster pc and it would be better for gaming.
when i reinstalled it i downloaded the latest drivers for my pc. And then i went to the windows.old folder wich still had some of my stuff i took out the css installation files and then partitioned the windows.old folder and deleted it.
I installed css and it worked fine i played all the time untill about two days ago i wanted to launch it and i got an error message saying:

hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point SteamMasterServerUpdater could not be located in the dynamic link library steam_api.dll.

I was like how. I looked up on the internet on how to fix it and no results came up it was only similar stuff not the exact thing.
I unistalled css from my computer and went to kickass torrents to get the torrent file that's where i originally got it from,
I downloaded the file followed all the steps on how to install it did them and bam the same problem so i unistalled it once again.
So then i went to piratebay and downloaded the torrent for the file. Downloaded the file installed css looked carefully at the instructions followed them in the exact same order and bam exact same error message and i was really frustrated as i love playing it and i have mt christmas holidays now.
I went and downloaded the steam_api.dll file and it did not do anything i still got the same error message.
Anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Help

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found Empty Re: Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Post by Admin Sun 22 Dec 2013, 00:04

Hello,

Did you also apply the included Crack file? It's important that you apply it to the correct folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found Empty Re: Counter Strike Source problem: hl2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2013, 21:05

Yes as i said i applied everything correctly i replaced the MasterServers.vdf file in the config folder with the one that was in the crack folder and set it to read only like it asked me to.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Dec 2013, 19:28

BucaneerBeer wrote:Yes as i said i applied everything correctly i replaced the MasterServers.vdf file in the config folder with the one that was in the crack folder and set it to read only like it asked me to.

Hello,

Did you restart your computer after you un-installed the game ? It is recommended to always re-boot after un-installing any program.

Beyond this, the only explanation I have for this is that possibly your "security software" (anti-virus/anti-malware) somehow corrupted that steam_api.dll file. Add the file location of your CS:S program folder to the "exceptions" of your AV software. Or turn that software off completely.

Re-download that file then...and see if anything changed.

But I honestly don't have any other clue.  Wat.  Let us know about your progress though !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 02:26

Nope no luck what really puzzles me is that it worked fine i didn't modify or configure my copy of windows 7 in any way. But it somehow stopped working anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Dec 2013, 04:23

BucaneerBeer wrote:Nope no luck what really puzzles me is that it worked fine i didn't modify or configure my copy of windows 7 in any way. But it somehow stopped working anyways.

There have been reports in the past about problems with that download. See this topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t679-counterstrike-source-problems-notice

You can try, one more time, a "clean un-install". For that purpose, I suggest you use the program "Your Un-installer Pro!", available from Games4TheWorld too (look on Piratebay for "Games4TheWorld Your Un-installer"). Install that program then.

Open the program and choose your CS:S installation. In the next window, choose "Super mode" and follow the instructions.

Re-boot the computer after that ! Then re-install CS:S again.

Other than that I can't suggest much more, I'm afraid Wat.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 01:31

Thank you Carlos and Mr.Admin i will try and see if that works i doubt it would but i will tell you if it fixed anything. Anyways thanks for your help.

//EDIT

As i thought it didn't work oh man i don't know what i am going to do counter strike is my favourite game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2013, 10:20

BucaneerBeer wrote:Thank you Carlos and Mr.Admin i will try and see if that works i doubt it would but i will tell you if it fixed anything. Anyways thanks for your help.

//EDIT

As i thought it didn't work oh man i don't know what i am going to do counter strike is my favourite game.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that, but your problem may have to do with the topic I linked to in my previous reply - the one about the "Counter strike: problems notice". You may have to wait for a "fixed" version to be uploaded. When (or even IF) that will happen, any time soon, I cannot tell you. Since the Admin is currently busy with working on the "Download server" for The Sims (3) store items; I'm not sure when to expect a new release.

And since my copy of CS: Source is actually bought, I'm not sure what else to suggest, beyond these general tips I gave you before. 

Maybe the Admin knows another way of getting that to work though. Until then, I'm sorry I can't provide more help with that.  Wat. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 17:47

Thank you for all your help i'm getting a new computer and i will install css on that and hopefully it will work for now i guess i will have to play SA:MP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jan 2014, 01:56

Hello there,

Unfortunately I don't have many solutions for CSS either, it's a weird game.
Hmmm... when will you get your new PC? I'd love to know the result.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top