Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED] Empty Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 04:10

hello

I just started playing this game and i noticed i can't go into any of the special rooms to play the mini games. All that happens when i choose one of these rooms is multiple windows popping up giving me instruction on how to start the game but the game freezes and eventually crashes when trying to close all the windows.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "PC Downloads support".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2013, 10:15

genie27f wrote:hello

I just started playing this game and i noticed i can't go into any of the special rooms to play the mini games. All that happens when i choose one of these rooms is multiple windows popping up giving me instruction on how to start the game but the game freezes and eventually crashes when trying to close all the windows.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello,

Do you still have the original .RAR file of that download ? Or even the folder where you extratced all the .RAR contents to ?

If so, look for the "dxsetup.exe". Double-click on it and follow the instructions. Then re-start the game and see if that helped...

I actually don't have any problem with the game freezing. I have both "Catz 5.0" and "Dogz 5.0" installed - and then I used the #crack file inside the "Catz 5.0" download, and copied it over to the program folder (wherever the game is installed for you - re-check the instructions !).

Let me know about your progress !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED] Empty Catz 5 problem

Post by Guest Wed 25 Dec 2013, 14:47

Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED] Catz5problem_zps5412cbc6

Here is the problem i'm having

//EDIT

no change in issue when I followed your instructions btw

Alright I installed that patch and no change in issue

Last edited by genie27f on Wed 25 Dec 2013, 18:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just adding a responce to the advice given)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Dec 2013, 17:43

genie27f wrote:Petz 5 game rooms issue. [SOLVED] Catz5problem_zps5412cbc6

Here is the problem i'm having

//EDIT

no change in issue when I followed your instructions btw

Hello again,

Try downloading and installing "PetzA" - that's basically a patch:

http://www.sherlocksoftware.org/page.php?id=7

Download the latest 2.2.5 version and double-click the installer. Your installation should be recognized automatically; so follow the instructions. After finishing, re-start the game and see if anything improved (you should be able to play the game without having a physical disc inserted; at least I can still start the game that way).

Keep us updated ! And: please use the "edit"-button instead of double-posting. Wink 

//EDIT

And please, what I meant was that if nobody has responded in the meantime to your message, you should use the "edit"-button to edit your original message.

NOW, since I have replied to your message, you can now click the button "post reply", to create a NEW post, that will show up after mine. Wink  Please do that, instead of editing previous posts. This only makes the topic very difficult to follow.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 01:39

I tried installing that patch and no change in issue. Is there any other information I can provide to help this situation?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Dec 2013, 06:15

genie27f wrote:I tried installing that patch and no change in issue. Is there any other information I can provide to help this situation?

I'm sorry to hear about this strange game glitch, but I'm slowly running out of explanations.

Try going to Piratebay and type into the search prompt "Games4TheWorld". Then look for a download called "Your Un-Installer Pro". Download and install that program.

Open the program then. Choose "Petz 5.0/Catz 5.0/Dogz 5.0" (or whatever it is called on your computer) in the main menu; just double-click on it. In the next window choose "Super mode" and wait for the program to perform a "clean" un-install.

Re-boot the computer after that. And then re-install the games, following the included instructions. See if that works for you, but beyond that, there isn't too much else I can suggest.

Maybe you can right-click on the game shortcut and choose "run as Administrator" ? Or right-click on the shortcut, go to "Properties", and in the "Compatibility"-tab mark the box "run as Administrator". Also, try marking the box "run in compatibility mode for..." and then choose Windows XP (SP3) or Windows 7. Then, close all windows by click ing on "Apply" and then "OK".

If none of these tips work, then I'm out of ideas.  Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Dec 2013, 23:45

everything works perfectly. Thank you for all of your suggestions I appreciate it

Merry Christmas and have a happy new years!

Last edited by genie27f on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 23:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : entered the wrong word within my sentence)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Dec 2013, 23:48

genie27f wrote:everything works perfectly. Thank you for all of your suggestions I appreciate it

Merry Christmas and have a happy new years!

So a clean un-install did the trick here ? Well, it's good to hear that ! Smile

Let us know if you need any further assistance with anything !

Topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top