Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 hair Empty Sims 3 hair

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 06:29

A little less than a month ago I uninstalled and re-installed The Sims 3 but kept my custom content and saved games.
When I played the first 2 times everything worked fine and then after that  
the hair in Create-A-Sim wouldn't load. It would show up if my sim was already wearing the hair
but not in the hairstyle section, not even the base games/expansion packs hair. 
I have downloaded custom content hair/items, and I have hair packages placed in my mods folder
along with other mod packages (no overrides). 
What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 hair Empty Re: Sims 3 hair

Post by Sephymuffins Fri 27 Dec 2013, 08:00

Hello,

My advice to you would be to organize your Custom Content (CC) folder.  I.e., do not combine simple CC with Mods.  You can organize your Custom Content by creating sub-folders within the folder 'Mods'.  A good example of this is to create a folder for hairstyles, create a folder for clothing, etc etc.

Other than that, please try running your game without ANY mods or Custom Content.  If you see that your game is still not properly rendering hairstyles, you (and I) will then know if it is your actual GAME causing the problem or if it was a Mod causing the glitch and/or a defective Custom Content file.  You always want to isolate the problem and really dig deep into figuring out where it is coming from or what it is stemming from.  Smile

These are not the only steps to take to possibly fix your game, so, if these do not work don't fret.  Let us know of your progress!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 00:30

When I ran the game without custom content I still wasn't able to see the hairstyles other than the ones from the Sims 3 store 
that you buy with simpoints.

And also the idea to organize the hairstyles in another folder was a really good idea! I had everything all scattered
and unrecognizable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top