Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 16:47

I've correctly downloaded and installed the hairstyle. I got it from here: http://mybluebookblog.blogspot.com/
All the other mods I got from that website work perfectly, but one of them doesn't. I tried twice, but it still won't work. I downloaded it in sims3pack form if that helps. Please help!! Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] 2830496658 Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] 1577371209

Last edited by ObitoFlame on Thu 30 May 2013, 05:11; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Wed 29 May 2013, 17:11

That's not considered a mod, and instead of putting it the mods folder, you're going to have to install it through the launcher. All you have to do is double-click on it, and the game will install it.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 17:12

Try to use CCMagic... Maybe it'll help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 00:45

invalidusername wrote:That's not considered a mod, and instead of putting it the mods folder, you're going to have to install it through the launcher. All you have to do is double-click on it, and the game will install it.

I did that, but it won't show up in the game.. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 May 2013, 01:29

ObitoFlame wrote:

Hello,

Go to the following location: My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following file: CASPartCache.package.
Also, in that Sims 3 folder, delete the contents of the folder with the name Thumbnails.

Re-install the hairstyles. And then see if they are in the game.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 02:25

Carlos G. wrote:
ObitoFlame wrote:

Hello,

Go to the following location: My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following file: CASPartCache.package.
Also, in that Sims 3 folder, delete the contents of the folder with the name Thumbnails.

Re-install the hairstyles. And then see if they are in the game.

Still won't work.... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 May 2013, 02:31

ObitoFlame wrote:

On the site you posted, there is a hairstyle-category called "Fixes"; what is that ? Most of the hairstyles there are also in the "Female" category.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 05:04

Carlos G. wrote:
ObitoFlame wrote:

On the site you posted, there is a hairstyle-category called "Fixes"; what is that ? Most of the hairstyles there are also in the "Female" category.

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I think the "Fixes" hairstyle-category contains hairstyles that may have had problems in the game, or possibly, hairs that have be redone to look better? Just a guess... The Sims 3 plumbob scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 10:24

No, those are fixes for the content you downloaded before. Try to see if some are meant for your downloads, it would help....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 May 2013, 15:02

ObitoFlame wrote:
Hi.
Sorry for the late reply. I think the "Fixes" hairstyle-category
contains hairstyles that may have had problems in the game, or possibly,
hairs that have be redone to look better? Just a guess... Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] 611149516 scratch

To elaborate on what Shamrock said: there is a good reason why I asked you this question Wink.

Try downloading and installing the hairstyles in the "Fixes" category, then (if you haven't done that already). Maybe some of the hair in the male & female categories don't work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 16:36

Hi.The hairs in the "Fixes" category work, but this one hair that's not in the "Fixes" category doesn't work. It's a male hair, and the other male hair I got from this site works, just not this one. Also, every time I open up the launcher, on the downloads tab, it shows that the male hair I already installed is not installed. I install it again, but when I reopen the launcher, it shows that I haven't installed the hair again, even though I have! Is this normal? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 May 2013, 16:41

ObitoFlame wrote:Hi.The hairs in the "Fixes" category work, but this one hair that's not in the "Fixes" category doesn't work. It's a male hair, and the other male hair I got from this site works, just not this one. Also, every time I open up the launcher, on the downloads tab, it shows that the male hair I already installed is not installed. I install it again, but when I reopen the launcher, it shows that I haven't installed the hair again, even though I have! Is this normal? Crying or Very sad

I'm glad to hear that the hairstyles in the "Fixes" section work (as I suspected).

As for the hair, which doesn't work: I am afraid you have to live with that. And it seems that EA have patched the launcher, so that your installed downloads don't show up in the launcher. Don't worry about that - as long as they show up in the game, everything should be fine, shouldn't it ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 01:10

Hi, it worked! I downloaded the hair from a different site, and it worked! Thanks for all the suggestions! Very Happy Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] 611149516 Sims 3 Custom Content Hair Not Working. [SOLVED] 3479271199

Helper edit: Glad to hear that. Happy simming! I'll close this topic now.

-Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top