Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 10:25

Hey guys,

First off this is my first time visiting the forums, greetings to all!! Second I want to address the issue I had with the sc4 notepad guide. It may clear up many issues coming up due to miscommunication. Basically just change high-lighted area to "Maxis". It took me a while to connect the dots but as soon as I replaced the .exe in the "C:Program Files/Maxis/SimCity4/Apps" and started the #crack file it worked nice. Btw guys I love all your games thanks!!

Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED] WTZD

Back to top Go down

Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Dec 2013, 12:25

robnthesouth wrote:(...)

Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED] WTZD

Hello there,

First of all, I'm happy to hear that you managed to get the game working ! Smile

As for SimCity 4, yes, the default install location is indeed C:\Program files(x86)\Maxis. Sometimes, the included instructions contain inaccuracies, and sometimes, as in the case of the older Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs, the information in the instructions is outdated. However, these inaccuracies I mentioned are usually very small, and neglectable, in my opinion at least. Wink 

In your example, the installer should come up automatically with an install location, and all you have to do is click "yes" all the time. Here, it shouldn't matter whether you install it in the default location (Maxis) or install it in the "Electronic Arts" folder. But out of ease, you'll probably don't want to change the installer's default location - Maxis. Smile

That said, thank you for pointing out this small error, and do let us know if you have any other questions !

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 30 Dec 2013, 17:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe Installation Guide Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 13:17

Yes, didn't mean to be articulate but it did tie me up for a while so in case anyone had the same issue. Anyway thanks for your feedback.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jan 2014, 01:54

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear about the annoying problem you ran into.
The torrent is pretty old and that is indeed a typo in the Installation Guide. Get an e-mail about this every now and then too.

Glad you were able to find out by yourself. Unfortunately we can't update an already uploaded torrent. (We'd have to re-upload a new one and re-seed it)

Enjoy the game and please do let us know if you need help again!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top