Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Empty Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 20:17

Hi there!

Thank you all for being awesome and forgive us who aren't! =)

I was hoping to install and play Sim City 4 Deluxe.
The download works great (it was ready in a flash!), I mount both "CD's", the installation finishes without issues, I get the picture of the bridge and eveyrhing, but...

When I'm supposed to "drag & drop" or "copy & paste" the .exe that's in the crack-folder - there's no .exe there! =/ Or at least that's not what it's named; it simply says "simcity 4" and my computer titles it as a "program" by the size of 7348kB. Anyways, I copy the file/program and paste it in the games App-folder. Nothing happens. No message asking if I would like to copy and/or replace. So I do it again. Nothing happens more than an other copy of the already existing file adds to the list. When I do it again (a third time, 'cuz I couldn't tap the CD-ROM drive like I usually would have Wink ) a number "2" simply let's me know that I now have two Sim City 4 shortcuts.
I hardly need to add that I tried to launch the game and it didn't work.

What have I done wrong and how do I fix it? O_o
Please write slowly; I'm a noob.... Wink

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Empty Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Jan 2013, 20:40

Hello,

Would you mind showing us a screenshot of the place you copied the crack to?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Empty Re: Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 22:28

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Would you mind showing us a screenshot of the place you copied the crack to?

Apparently adding a picture to a forum is too complicated for me (didn't work, argh!) so I'll just tell you that I installed the game on my local disk (D:) and in the folder where I install all my games.
Shouldn't I?
Hm. Now that you mention it the guide said something about extracting the files onto my desktop, but I read this after I hade extracted all files to an other folder on my (D:)-disk, so I didn't know before that - obviously, because the installationguide is among the extracted files.
But maybe it meant I should install the game on my desktop, not extracting?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:45

Hello,

Extracting it to your desktop is just a suggestion, and you can install it to whichever location you like.
If you want to post a picture, just upload it to an image sharing website, or use the one associated with the forum. You can upload it simply by clicking the icon on top of your reply window, that looks like a picture with a floppy on top. It's pretty easy and allows you to share the image URL here. If you can post URL's, just add spaces next to the dots and we'll fix the link.
The picture we need is a screenshot of the folder where you installed it to.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:13

Let's see...

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Sc4d10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 20:14

Hello,

That folder is missing the game's .exe file. Please copy the .exe file from the "# Crack" folder to the folder on the screenshot and then start the game again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 23:49

I don't have/I cant see an .exe file, that's the whole problem.
This is my Sim City 4 Deluxe game folder after I pull the file from the #Crack-folder in:

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Sc4d11

"Genväg" means "Shortcut". When I double click it (the shortcut that is), the game tries to launch and I get to the start menu, but that's about it. If I try to launch by the other file with the same name (the file I guess the first one is the shortcut to?), the bridge-picture appearce, and that's it.

This is what's in the #Crack-folder:

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Sc4dcr10

DARLING is the name of my computer. Have no idea how that text file came to be there. It wasn't at first, only the "simcity 4" was there until I "drag & drop":ed the first time. O_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 08 Jan 2013, 18:15

Hello,

Just remove the "Shortcut" part from the .exe file you copied:
Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Sc4d11

Then try to start the game again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:04

Late reply but no, it didn't work do simply delete the shortcut and try launching the game.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, even tried other versions than g4tw that's out there, but hell, something is seriously wrong; I can't get any to work. O_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 21 Apr 2013, 21:37

Hello,

Be sure to remove the "- genvâg" extension and then save the file.
Also try extracting the file from the original .rar file to your Desktop and then move it to the correct folder from there.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 22:05

Admin wrote:Hello,

Be sure to remove the "- genvâg" extension and then save the file.
Also try extracting the file from the original .rar file to your Desktop and then move it to the correct folder from there.

I did remove the shortcut-extension. What do you meen by "save the file"?
Also tried putting the SC4-crack to the desctop and from there to game dir Apps. Nothing.

Hm. I've uninstalled (rebooted and cleaned everything out!), then installed it again, in C: this time (although I put all my gamkes in D:, but hwo knows?).
Same problem.
When ever I try to copy+replace the simcity.exe (which, for one isn't called .exe at all on my computer), the only thing that happens is that it creates a shortcut in the Apps-file. A useless shortcut, I might add, 'cuz it leads to nowhere.

Sim City 4 Deluxe - Where's the .exe? O_o Sc4del12

Damn it; I can't even get the f-in' paint to work with me to day.
-___-

Now if I try to "pull" the crack over to the Apps-folder, it says "You can't create a shortcut here. Do you want to put it on your desktop?" and I can chose yes or no. Yes, as one could figure out, puts a shortcut on my desktop. that leads nowhere and does nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Apr 2013, 22:26

Hello,

Ah, one last thing: which .exe file do you double-click to start the game? Can you please post a screenshot of that one?

Pleas catch me on the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013, 22:53

Admin wrote:Hello,

Ah, one last thing: which .exe file do you double-click to start the game? Can you please post a screenshot of that one?

Pleas catch me on the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.

I double-click the only one there's in the install dir. in my (D:)-drive. The one that's never overwritten by the crack.

I'll try getting a hold on you, but haven't been to successfull this far. =P I'll keep having an eye out for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 07:42

Hello, I just wanted to say I am having exactly the same problem as you. Right down to every last thing you said, and totally understand your problem, as I have been at this for about 8 hours now. I am not the best either.

Games4theworld you guys are awesome, so rather than bother you, I figured I would comb through everyone elses posts, and low and behold, I found someone with the same problem.

I was however hoping as I kept reading, that I would find the solution, unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will be playing tonight.

So any solution to this problem, would appreciate it if you shared.

Probably something stupid that we did wrong, but I too have started over a couple times, right by deleting and redownloading.

I also tried right clicking on properties and changing the compatibility, but that did nothing except make my screen go funny. Lol. I am on Windows Vista Home, and have downloaded Ages of Empires 3, Sims 2, and Sims 3 from you. All those worked great.

So any advice would be awesome.

Thanks,
n8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top