Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Complete Laggy Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Laggy Edition Empty The Sims 3 Complete Laggy Edition

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 23:34

Computer Specs

AMD FX 8350
AMD 7870 OC
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit

I have Sims 3 with all expansions,premium items and store item and I've compressed them using the Sr3 package thing and I also use Naraas story progression, ErrorTrap,MasterController,Overwatch.

The first few sim days i'm ingame the game seems to run fine but I notice that my sims becomes laggier and laggier with every day. Then my my sims freeze while doing actions but the snow and cars still fall and drive. 

I've tried turning all settings to low,uninstall mods and using only certain expansion packs but nothing seems to work... Any recommendations ??? and BTW  :newfag:

Currently Testing - I editied my files so my sims 3 will run with 4gb of ram instead of 2gb I'll update if this helps my issues

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Complete Laggy Edition Empty Re: The Sims 3 Complete Laggy Edition

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 31 Dec 2013, 17:12

Kyochi wrote:Computer Specs

AMD FX 8350
AMD 7870 OC
8GB RAM
Windows 8.1 64bit

I have Sims 3 with all expansions,premium items and store item and I've compressed them using the Sr3 package thing and I also use Naraas story progression, ErrorTrap,MasterController,Overwatch.

The first few sim days i'm ingame the game seems to run fine but I notice that my sims becomes laggier and laggier with every day. Then my my sims freeze while doing actions but the snow and cars still fall and drive. 

I've tried turning all settings to low,uninstall mods and using only certain expansion packs but nothing seems to work... Any recommendations ??? and BTW  :newfag:

Currently Testing - I editied my files so my sims 3 will run with 4gb of ram instead of 2gb I'll update if this helps my issues

Hello,

There's a topic with general tips on how to cope with game lag, if you haven't seen it yet: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Also, how long are your playing sessions ? If with a high-end computer, I don't recommend playing more than about an hour. Of course, you can play *more*, but you should exit the game for a while, to 'relieve' the computer; then re-start the game again.

Also, it may have to do with your "compressing" of store items, but maybe another Helper/Mod knows more about this topic than I do. Smile

I "only" have 4 GB of RAM, and with the 4 GB patch (google it), I can use the total amount available. Just double-click the patch after downloading, and apply it to the TS3W.exe in the base game location. And I never had any severe lag whatsoever.

Keep us updated though !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:33

My play sessions are about an hour and I have compressed all mods and store items now so I'm testing and my ram I set the ini files to use 4gb of ram I just forgot to mention that. The lag is alot better now that I've uninstalled some of naraas mods but the stuttering is still happening while my sims are doing actions. I might try a new save for a while and test that out but thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jan 2014, 13:17

Kyochi wrote:My play sessions are about an hour and I have compressed all mods and store items now so I'm testing and my ram I set the ini files to use 4gb of ram I just forgot to mention that. The lag is alot better now that I've uninstalled some of naraas mods but the stuttering is still happening while my sims are doing actions. I might try a new save for a while and test that out but thank you.

Hello,

You are not supposed to compress MODS. Wink  Also, compressing (store) WORLDS might not be a good idea either.

What you can safely compress are all other buy-mode and build-mode items.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 18:15

Oh in that case I've compressed store items and uncompressed the mods now... sorry 

Can I still use the packer on naraas mods ?
 Worlds aren't compressed btw just store objects
 and btw what I mean't by compressed mods is use s3pe merge on them... sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Jan 2014, 03:01

Kyochi wrote:Oh in that case I've compressed store items and uncompressed the mods now... sorry 

Can I still use the packer on naraas mods ?
 Worlds aren't compressed btw just store objects
 and btw what I mean't by compressed mods is use s3pe merge on them... sorry

No, you should NOT "compress" or "merge" any mods. Just download them and put them in "as they are". Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top