Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET! Empty DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:09

Hello all,

Just to let you know again:

Do NOT patch your Sims 3 game to version 1.66 ! Wait until a new version of the "Ultimate fix" has been released.

If you accidentally updated the game already, use the "temporary fix" instead, available here: http://goo.gl/txh7AP

You might also prefer waiting to patch the game because Twallan has decided to discontinue his work on the NRAAS mods, see this here.

Thank you very much for your attention !

Please do NOT post any problems or questions in this topic here. Instead, if you feel to, open a new topic in the correct section! Thank you.

On behalf of the Admins.

Admin edit: Did you accidentally update to version 1.66 and get a blank menu when you run the game? Read THIS!

- ADMIN

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET! Empty Re: DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET!

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:17

Ill try the temp fix.

Edit. Did not work :/

Back to top Go down

DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET! Empty Re: DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:23

BlueAssault wrote:Ill try the temp fix.

Edit. Did not work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Re-apply the latest manual patch (1.66) first.

Then apply the temporary fix (basically that's the NRAAS No-CD mod). Put the mod in the right place.

Then start the game "directly", that is with the TS3W.exe in your base game location ! (make a shortcut to the desktop from that file). See if this works for you. If it doesn't then I'm not sure; maybe the No CD-mod will need updating too ? Wat.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:32

Carlos wrote:
BlueAssault wrote:Ill try the temp fix.

Edit. Did not work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Re-apply the latest manual patch (1.66) first.

Then apply the temporary fix (basically that's the NRAAS No-CD mod). Put the mod in the right place.

Then start the game "directly", that is with the TS3W.exe in your base game location ! (make a shortcut to the desktop from that file). See if this works for you. If it doesn't then I'm not sure; maybe the No CD-mod will need updating too ? Wat.

Ill try, I put the "crack" in - Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods.

Im not able to install the update, because a newer version is installed  Help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:39

BlueAssault wrote:
Ill try, I put the "crack" in - Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods.

Im not able to install the update, because a newer version is installed  Help

What exactly happens when you re-apply the latest manual patch ? Did you even download it, from here ?

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.66.2.0240xx_update.exe

And then use the TS3W.exe from your base game location to start the game. Don't use the launcher !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:47

I know which one it is. As I said, the setup cannot be run because a later version is already installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2014, 20:53

BlueAssault wrote:I know which one it is. As I said, the setup cannot be run because a later version is already installed.

OK, then leave out the manual patch and just follow the instructions inside the temporary fix, to put in the mod and the other files.

If you really can't start the game with the TS3W.exe, then I'm afraid you have to wait for a new Ultimate fix. Please continue the discussion in your other topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15649-the-sims-3-v-166-new-patch

For all others: please do NOT post your game problems in this topic here. Instead, if you feel to, open a new topic in the "Sims (3) in-game problems" section. Thank you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 11:37

oh my god.. i already patch it..   Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 14:30

Oh no, I already patch it too... but it's OK. I'll wait. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 17:22

Ohman, went ahead to update without knowing that it would cause the saved games to disappear from the main menu. Everything is blank now ): Decided that i would check the forum next time before updating the game.

Thanks to the team here for making it possible for us to play the game. Shall wait for the new fix to be ready Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 15 Jan 2014, 18:44

cleffa wrote:Ohman, went ahead to update without knowing that it would cause the saved games to disappear from the main menu. Everything is blank now ): Decided that i would check the forum next time before updating the game.

Thanks to the team here for making it possible for us to play the game. Shall wait for the new fix to be ready Very Happy
Hi there,

Read this, please: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=408651692600979&set=a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074&type=1&stream_ref=10
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

DO NOT PATCH THE SIMS 3 to game version 1.66 YET! Empty ways I fixed the sims

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jan 2014, 23:11

Here is a fix that i did in order to get the game running with the saved data and custom contnent.                                          Windows 8.0 users--(w/o temp fix) just go and do a system recovery, mine pinpointed me right at the time the sims 3 update takes place (or go back father if can). once that is complete and u open the game back up it will ask u then to do the update. just say no                                        With temp fix/update--if u did the temp fix my game tended to not load up correctly, here what i did to fix it. i have ccleaner go and uninstall the SIMS BASE GAME ONLY, (when asked to delete saved games also, say no). re-install the game. ***if done this way you will need the into the future disc, if u have an iso file just mount the game and launch it like normal*** if u said no to the question, your saved game will load up like normal from the last saved point. hope this helps.                                                                                                                                                                  P.S I had to do both ways in that order..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 21:52

Did it. Everything works great! Thanks a lot! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 17 Jan 2014, 23:16

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top