Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!! Empty The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!!

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:45

First of all, I would like to thank you all sooo much for your efforts!
I really love your instructions, you guys make everything easier and you're the best ever!

Considering my issue, the sims 3 was working just fine until I decided to add a new expansion, "Town Life Stuff"
that's when I opened the .exe file I previously had and I received this message in the middle of loading my previously saved game "a serious problem, we highly recommend you restart the application"
I then tried applying the sims 3 fix, and when I reach the point where which I have to pick a previously saved game it shows the error "no disk found" which gives me two option either to retry or to quit

I am almost addicted to the game and I would really appreciate your help people!

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!! Empty Re: The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!!

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:12

hi there what version is ur game and try to update ur game to v1.66 and apply the new ultimate fix

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!! Empty Re: The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!!

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:15

I have no idea how to update it.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:19

SalmaMohamady wrote:I have no idea how to update it.. Sad
please read this https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:23

I followed all those steps before, do you mean I should re-apply the manual patch (step 2) ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:29

SalmaMohamady wrote:I followed all those steps before, do you mean I should re-apply the manual patch (step 2) ?
follow these steps 

1)apply the manual patch of v1.66
2)download ultimate fix or if u have it then extract it using winrar
3)now the crack folder located in the extracted folder 
4)copy the files located in the crack folder
5)now go to electronic arts/thesims3/game/bin
6)paste the files there if it asks just press copy and replace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:33

Okay thank you very much!
now another question, if I want to install another 2 expansion packs, which thing do I do first?
do I apply the manual patch first? or install the two expansion packs first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 13:39

SalmaMohamady wrote:Okay thank you very much!
now another question, if I want to install another 2 expansion packs, which thing do I do first?
do I apply the manual patch first? or install the two expansion packs first?
ur welcome

install the expansion packs u want then do the steps i said before and do not apply the crack which comes along with the expansion packs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 18:03

but will I be able to add new expansion packs later on after I apply the steps you told me to?
or do I have to apply them each time I install another expansion pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jan 2014, 20:46

It shows me this message :/

CRC error

The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!! <a href=The sims 3 error (no disk found) after applying the fix!! Sims12" />

what do I do now?

//EDIT

Okay I did all the steps above and I no longer get the no disk error but I get this error while my saved game is loading.
"A serious error has occurred while loading your saved file, it is strongly recommended that you restart the application" 

I have no idea what that is, is it an issue with my saved game or what???

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 19 Jan 2014, 23:04

Hello,

Glad to hear you solved all your previous issues!
For that specific error, try this, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3642-a-serious-error-has-occurred-while-loading-possible-fix-the-sims-3-neigbourhood-loading

Good luck and please let us know the result. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:45

SalmaMohamady wrote:but will I be able to add new expansion packs later on after I apply the steps you told me to?
or do I have to apply them each time I install another expansion pack?
yes you can add any expansion packs you want after applying the maual patch of v1.66 and no you dont need to apply that each time you add a new expansion pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jan 2014, 22:00

Thank you guys so much ^_^ 
the game finally worked! 
but I used a different fix for the saves game error:

• Open My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.

• Locate the files and folders relating to the save you want to restore - there should be three, and they will have the name that you gave your save. For example, if the save being restored is called Sunset Valley; there will be two folders called Sunset Valley.sims3, and Sunset Valley.sims3.backup, and a file called Sunset Valley.sims3.legacy.

• Rename the xxxx.sims3 folder to xxxx.sims3.old.

• Rename the xxxx.sims3.backup folder to xxxx.sims3.backup.old.

• Rename the xxxx.sims3.legacy file to xxxx.sims3'.

This worked for me Smile 
    Thank you all for your help again !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jan 2014, 06:34

SalmaMohamady wrote:Thank you guys so much ^_^ 
the game finally worked! 
but I used a different fix for the saves game error:

• Open My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.
  • Locate the files and folders relating to the save you want to restore - there should be three, and they will have the name that you gave your save. For example, if the save being restored is called Sunset Valley; there will be two folders called Sunset Valley.sims3, and Sunset Valley.sims3.backup, and a file called Sunset Valley.sims3.legacy.
  • Rename the xxxx.sims3 folder to xxxx.sims3.old.
  • Rename the xxxx.sims3.backup folder to xxxx.sims3.backup.old.
  • Rename the xxxx.sims3.legacy file to xxxx.sims3'.

This worked for me Smile 
    Thank you all for your help again !

glad to hear that your game is working and you are welcome salmamohamady happy simming  The Sims 3 plumbob 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top