Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise Mermaid Scales

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise Mermaid Scales Empty Island Paradise Mermaid Scales

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jan 2014, 23:20

I know, I know... common bug. My NPC mermaids have no fins. They simply look like humans; walking normally, though with the ability to dive without gear. Eh, not the worst bug imaginable.
I've noticed through my Googling there is a way to fix this. Apparently, simply curing the mermaid and then turning them back will give them their fins.
I'm a little picky though. I want my mersims' fins to be the colour they were meant to be. So yeah. My question to all of you lovelies with working mermaids. Can you guys copy the hex -  edited, wrong method for colours typed - RGB numbers for the mermaids' scales, and then post them here? I tried myself, but even when in the "Change Scale Colour Menu", nothing shows up. No tail, and no colour wheel/selections.
With the numbers you give me, I'll go through the mermaids to fix them all. I'm not really OCD... just a Virgo. Hee.

Thanks! Smile
 Hammertime

Last edited by EmilyAnn13 on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 06:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Mermaid Scales Empty Re: Island Paradise Mermaid Scales

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jan 2014, 05:21

EmilyAnn13 wrote:I know, I know... common bug. My NPC mermaids have no fins. They simply look like humans; walking normally, though with the ability to dive without gear. Eh, not the worst bug imaginable.
I've noticed through my Googling there is a way to fix this. Apparently, simply curing the mermaid and then turning them back will give them their fins.
I'm a little picky though. I want my mersims' fins to be the colour they were meant to be. So yeah. My question to all of you lovelies with working mermaids. Can you guys copy the hex numbers for the mermaids' scales, and then post them here? I tried myself, but even when in the "Change Scale Colour Menu", nothing shows up. No tail, and no colour wheel/selections.
With the numbers you give me, I'll go through the mermaids to fix them all. I'm not really OCD... just a Virgo. Hee.

Thanks! Smile
 Hammertime

Hello,

I can of course look into my game (or maybe another Helper/Mod can do that too) what the exact hex-code for these scales is, but have you tried using custom colors ? Smile

For example, this here: http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

There you'll find hex-codes for *quite a few* colors. Of course, if you insist on wanting the "original color", then I'll look into my game the next time I play The Sims 3. Otherwise, you might find another color that interests you on that list.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jan 2014, 05:36

I'm looking for the original colours; the way the developers intended the mermaids to look. I suppose any fin is better than no fin, but I like to nitpick heh.
Regardless of whether you get them from your game or not, thanks for your help! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Jan 2014, 03:46

EmilyAnn13 wrote:I'm looking for the original colours; the way the developers intended the mermaids to look. I suppose any fin is better than no fin, but I like to nitpick heh.
Regardless of whether you get them from your game or not, thanks for your help! ^^

I'm not sure why you don't get the color wheel and chart. Therefore, I'm not sure either how these numbers can help you then. You cannot change the scale color in CAS as far as I know; you can go to any mirror and choose "change scale color". This will open a menu just for changing the scale color.

In any way, I don't get any hex-codes, only "RGB"-values.

Island Paradise Mermaid Scales Mermai10

Look at the numbers of the color fields; here are the RGB-values for each field:

1) R= 148
    G= 128
    B= 189   -> hex = #9480BD

2) R= 108
    G= 81
    B= 162   -> hex = #6C51A2

3) R= 0
    G= 74
    B= 145   -> hex = #004A91

4) R= 77
    G= 46
    B= 140   -> hex = #4D2E8C

So I'm not entirely sure how you want to enter these hex-codes, but then, I haven't really tried this "scale color changing" that much. Note: I used an online converter to convert the RGB values into hex-codes. Also note that the screenshot above is just an illustration; these color values above are what I got in my game; and there are (seemingly) lots of different color sets for these scales.

Good luck, but I have no idea if this can help you at all.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 06:03

Ah, crap. I posted 'hex' without double checking - I forgot that the game used RGB.
Oh dear, I pulled a dumb.

I understand hex and RGB, I was just saying that instead of choosing colours I preferred to copy the ones the game chose.
If I understand you correctly, you believe the game randomizes them?

Idk, I just wanted to 'fix' them, not customize them. That's why I wanted their values, so I could leave them as if I haven't touched them. Lol

Thanks so much, sorry for the confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 24 Jan 2014, 22:51

The scales may show up as the original colors anyways if you cure them, then turn them back. And if you give names for the mermaids that you change, I can go into my game and see what I can do about getting you the RGB numbers for each mermaid by name. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top