Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales  Empty [Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 00:47

I'm having a great problem with Paradise Island Expansion. What's this expansion without trytons/mermaids? What are trytons and mermaids without tails and scales?

First of all, I've had the version 1.50. I wanted to update to 1.63 and then install some expansions calmy. I sucesfully updated the game to v1.63 Smile
Then after checking the game runs sucesfully with v1.63, I started to download 'Paradise Island' expansion. 
I've installed it sucesfully, and at begin it seemed to works 100% correctly, but a few time later I realized something important going wrong!

I found a Tryton (Salty Seaworth) and a Mermaid (Mia Azul), they were already made by the game. I found them in the water, but they had no tail. They neither had scales outside of the water. They're 100% oceanborns, I even saw their transformation scripts when they go to the water, but they doesn't transform. I also can interactuate with them with options about sharks, alga's recipe, scales...

I reinstalled the expansion without mods too, more than 4 times. I even tried reinstalling 5 times the same expansion from diferent source, but nothing changed.
I've been searching on Internet, only found a link from the official page, and seems that it happened the same to a very few people. I didn't find solution. I rarely resort to asking about in forums because I usually find solutions googling, but this time, I couldn't.

I've tried to fix it reseting the seaborn sims
I've tried also with NRASS, trying to changing scales' color. In the menu, when I clicked 'color', nothing happened.

Is this happening only to me? Someone know how to fix this? 
If I don't find any solution I'd had to uninstall Sims 3 with all the expansions I have and re-download all them again T_T and I still wouldn't know if that worked.
So if you know or can imagine a possible solution, I would be glad to you to share with me ^^

Thanks for reading! I hope to search a easy solution!

Back to top Go down

[Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales  Empty Re: [Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales

Post by Sephymuffins Thu 14 Nov 2013, 01:00

Hello,

I highly suggest you follow the steps here as ACCURATELY as possible: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.  If you're not sure how to do it 100%, click the first link in my signature (the 'how to use the ultimate fix'), as I did a walkthrough video.
This should help with any bugs you're experiencing and make your game work correctly. If not, there are a few other things we're able to test. So no worries. Smile Let us know your progress.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

[Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales  Empty Re: [Paradise Island] Trouble with Tryton/Mermaid's tails and scales

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:27

This will take me some time, I'll inform you when I do all the steps! Very Happy Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 20:17

Okay, I followed all the steps exactly. I even re-downloaded the base game and 5 expansions all from Games4TheWorld this morning, and installed with no problems.
BUT... Scales and tails are still bugged for me Sad I can't see them on the trytons and mermaids... 

There's any other thing could I do?

EDIT: 
I've tried creating a new game, I searched a mermaid, and still no tail no scales.
I've tried also: "NRASS>Master Controller> Basic interactions>Change Scale color" but when I click on Color, nothing happens.
I've checked on Population Controlling, but Tryton and Mermaids doesn't appear to me as option (I don't know if they have to appear there xD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Nov 2013, 20:15

Sandrituky wrote:Please, any other idea, someone? I don't feel like playing with this bug u.u .... and I really want to fix it
Sorry about not getting back to you.  Sad

There are a few things we can still try!  Since you have master controller, the mod, can you please go to 'Town View' and select your 'Town Hall'.  Select the option 'NRass' then 'Master Controller'.  A whole menu should pop up for you.  At that point, click 'Town' and then 'Reset Everything'.  Let the mod and the game do its thing, as this may take a minute.  It won't delete anything vital or muck up your saved family/ies.  

If this doesn't help,  can you please drag and drop your 'DCCache' folder to your desktop and then run your game?  You can find the DCCache folder where your Downloads folder is, so it is within your Electronic Arts "My Documents" folder.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2013, 20:19

Sandrituky wrote:Please, any other idea, someone? I don't feel like playing with this bug u.u .... and I really want to fix it
Hello,

First of all I'm sorry for the delay. Sad 

But if Sephy's suggestions don't help you, this might be an in-game bug, for which there is no solution, I'm afraid. You might want to wait for a "second opinion" on that, though.

I'm sorry I can't help you more with that.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 20:51

Hi, thanks for the reply ^^ but it still doesn't works... I don't know what to do, it seems as if the game never installs the mermaid special outfit and neither the scales :S I think we've tried almost everything... :/ 
I might have an idea, but... someone would have to upload a large file...
Maybe if someone upload to me this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Paradise Island\GameData
Maybe that could fix it, I think is there where the important files of the expansion saves.
Would someone do that for me? >.<

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2013, 21:08

Sandrituky wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply ^^ but it still doesn't works... I don't know what to do, it seems as if the game never installs the mermaid special outfit and neither the scales I is confused I think we've tried almost everything... WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
I might have an idea, but... someone would have to upload a large file...
Maybe if someone upload to me this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Paradise Island\GameData
Maybe that could fix it, I think is there where the important files of the expansion saves.
Would someone do that for me? >.<
I can try that myself, to see if the same "glitch" happens with me, in the next few days.

Have you tried un-installing the expansion "Island Paradise" ? You can try this, but then re-boot the computer, before re-installing it.

Otherwise, I'll come back to you in a few days, OK ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 19 Nov 2013, 23:22

You don't happen to have any other NRaas mods like Story Progression or Overwatch? And you've tried running the game without ANY mods or CC at all, correct?

I don't believe this is a bug at all.  There are little to no reports of this bug popping up and the only thing I've been able to find out is that some people had similar issues, and they both had NRaas mods installed - one had the issue after resetting a particular sim because he/she was stuck.  They apparently reset the sim while he/she was on LAND and now they're having issues.  Again, they don't have the same or exact issues as you, but their Mermaids were glitched.  

Us uploading the 1gb+ file folder would be a little tedious, at least if you're open to uninstalling and reinstalling Island Paradise.  Then it would just reset the files (but be sure after you uninstall, that no files/folders are left behind because that'd defeat the purpose.  Sometimes this can happen).  Before you resort to that, try to play in a different neighborhood and search for mermaids.  Perhaps even load a new family/save game to see if the glitch is still there?

Once you've thoroughly checked other neighborhoods and checked through other saved data and sim families to see the same glitch, that's when you can really classify it as a bug.  The problem has to be persistent and constant! 

If it is, like I said, at that point I'd recommend uninstalling, applying the Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch AGAIN, then reinstalling Island Paradise WITH NO MODS on your game through the entire process.  Smile
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 20:44

I don't know how many times I've tried u.u I reinstalled whole game more than 3 times, applied the ultimate fix and manual patch, and played with no mods and with  other families ._. I really don't know how to fix this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 23 Nov 2013, 21:06

Hello,

So you still have the issue with all other families and saved games?  

Have you tried using Master Controller to reset your town?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2013, 19:29

Yes, I have the problem, no matter what family I play, no matter what city I play. Yes, I've reset the town, and didn't work. I think my game is missing files :/ but I've tried diferent sources before, and neither worked T_T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 26 Nov 2013, 19:45

Sandrituky wrote:Yes, I have the problem, no matter what family I play, no matter what city I play. Yes, I've reset the town, and didn't work. I think my game is missing files :/ but I've tried diferent sources before, and neither worked T_T
Hello,

I'm unfortunately out of ideas!  This problem seems very rare, as I've tried to research about it and I don't find anything.  I'd suggest you uninstall all of your games, restart your PC, defrag your harddrive and start all over again with reinstalling.  It sounds extreme, however, it's worth a try.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:13

Sandrituky wrote:Yes, I have the problem, no matter what family I play, no matter what city I play. Yes, I've reset the town, and didn't work. I think my game is missing files WhatDidUJustCallMe? but I've tried diferent sources before, and neither worked T_T

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't really had the time for testing this lately. Wat.

So...I actually turned one of my sims into a mermaid with this lifetime reward (don't know what it's called in English), that turns your sim into a mermaid. So my sim ate that "thing" - and she turned into a mermaid. On land, her legs had scales. And in the water (swimming + scuba diving), she got a tail.

I haven't tried this thing with the triton yet, though.

P.S. I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I also saw other mermaids while scuba diving, and on land too (I also interacted with them). They either had tails (in the water) or scales (on land).

//EDIT

Are you using any mods ? Try removing all of them.

And if that doesn't work either, it might sound radical, but try renaming the folder "The Sims 3" (located in My Documents/Electronic Arts). Rename it into anything you like. Re-start the game, make a new savegame for now (don't worry, your old stuff is still there, in the renamed folder). Play on for a while to see if you still get that graphics (?) glitch.

Let us know your result ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Tue 26 Nov 2013, 20:33

Carlos G. wrote:
Sandrituky wrote:Yes, I have the problem, no matter what family I play, no matter what city I play. Yes, I've reset the town, and didn't work. I think my game is missing files WhatDidUJustCallMe? but I've tried diferent sources before, and neither worked T_T

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, but I haven't really had the time for testing this lately. Wat.

So...I actually turned one of my sims into a mermaid with this lifetime reward (don't know what it's called in English), that turns your sim into a mermaid. So my sim ate that "thing" - and she turned into a mermaid. On land, her legs had scales. And in the water (swimming + scuba diving), she got a tail.

I haven't tried this thing with the triton yet, though.

P.S. I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I also saw other mermaids while scuba diving, and on land too (I also interacted with them). They either had tails (in the water) or scales (on land).

//EDIT

Are you using any mods ? Try removing all of them.

And if that doesn't work either, it might sound radical, but try renaming the folder "The Sims 3" (located in My Documents/Electronic Arts). Rename it into anything you like. Re-start the game, make a new savegame for now (don't worry, your old stuff is still there, in the renamed folder). Play on for a while to see if you still get that graphics (?) glitch.

Let us know your result ! Smile

The only mods she's using is the master controller, I believe.  She's tried running the game without mods already and the issue is that scales and fins are not showing up..

Like I said in my previous post, I am totally out of ideas.  The ONLY other thing I can even think (instead of mass UNINSTALLING everything) would be to redownload Island Paradise, uninstall the Island Paradise you do have, restart your PC, download a trial version of CCleaner and clean your registry, then reinstall the Island Paradise you recently downloaded and apply the manual patch then the ultimate fix (again).
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2013, 21:59

I've just tried Carlos' solution, renaming the folder. It took me so many time until seeing a mermaid, because with some mods, that expansion lags so much, but I found Salty again, swimming with his legs together, but missing the mermaid clothes ._.
Didn't work ._. this expansion seems to hate me. But I won't surrender, I will try what you said now, Sephy ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Nov 2013, 19:47

Sandrituky wrote:I've just tried Carlos' solution, renaming the folder. It took me so many time until seeing a mermaid, because with some mods, that expansion lags so much, but I found Salty again, swimming with his legs together, but missing the mermaid clothes ._.
Didn't work ._. this expansion seems to hate me. But I won't surrender, I will try what you said now, Sephy ^^

Hello again,

By the way: every time you un-install something, it's recommended that you re-boot the computer afterwards - if you haven't done that already. You can try un-installing and re-installing just "Island Paradise" (re-boot the computer in-between).

Other than that I'm clueless; I'm afraid you'll have to live with that glitch then. In general, I don't recommend un-installing for minor glitches like that, because

1) if you don't do it right, you might end up having bigger problems than before

2) and it's just not worth it. You should never un-install the game because of "annoyances". I can imagine that you feel upset about this glitch, but it's your decision (of course) whether you want to go through the hassle of un-installing multiple times.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 02:21

Carlos wrote:Hello again,

By the way: every time you un-install something, it's recommended that you re-boot the computer afterwards - if you haven't done that already. You can try un-installing and re-installing just "Island Paradise" (re-boot the computer in-between).

Other than that I'm clueless; I'm afraid you'll have to live with that glitch then. In general, I don't recommend un-installing for minor glitches like that, because

1) if you don't do it right, you might end up having bigger problems than before

2) and it's just not worth it. You should never un-install the game because of "annoyances". I can imagine that you feel upset about this glitch, but it's your decision (of course) whether you want to go through the hassle of un-installing multiple times.

I am having the exact same problem she is.. Sad And Carlos I believe the 'thing' your sims ate was Kelp. 

I'm going to try some of these suggestions and I will get back to you guys if it worked or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Jan 2014, 02:32

ShelbeeStarr wrote:
I am having the exact same problem she is.. Sad And Carlos I believe the 'thing' your sims ate was Kelp. 

I'm going to try some of these suggestions and I will get back to you guys if it worked or not.

Yes, it's called "kelp", thanks for that ! Smile

Normally, I would have suggested to you to open a new topic, but since the topic creator hasn't come back to update us on her progress, feel free to stay in this topic. Or make a new one, as you wish.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 02:53

Hi, I believe we are having the same problem. I haven't tested it, but I saw online that there is a solution. Apparently, the bug only affects starter mermaids. BUT, if you cure said mermaids and then turn them back, their fins are supposed to appear. They will have the standard blue colour, but a fin is a fin right? I made made a thread about it, simply because I'm picky. I'm hoping I can get someone to copy the hex numbers for the mermaids' scale colours. That way I can nitpick to correct my mermaids' fins, heh.
In case you're curious, this is my thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15781-island-paradise-mermaid-scales

Hope I helped! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2014, 21:26

Carlos wrote:
ShelbeeStarr wrote:

Yes, it's called "kelp", thanks for that ! Smile

Normally, I would have suggested to you to open a new topic, but since the topic creator hasn't come back to update us on her progress, feel free to stay in this topic. Or make a new one, as you wish.

Alright ^_^

Well, Basically I found out what my issue was... Kinda. heheh..

Seems I only have this glitch with elder Sims.. 

My 'new' mermaid sim I created ate the 'Mermaidic Kelp' and immediately transformed and showed her scales and in the water she had the fins!

Even though I'm not super worried about the elder's not having scales or fins, I would like to see it fixed. Sad Just for the sake of it's going to really bother me eventually, when MY Sim becomes an elder. heheh.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Jan 2014, 21:52

ShelbeeStarr wrote:
Alright ^_^

Well, Basically I found out what my issue was... Kinda. heheh..

Seems I only have this glitch with elder Sims.. 

My 'new' mermaid sim I created ate the 'Mermaidic Kelp' and immediately transformed and showed her scales and in the water she had the fins!

Even though I'm not super worried about the elder's not having scales or fins, I would like to see it fixed. Sad Just for the sake of it's going to really bother me eventually, when MY Sim becomes an elder. heheh.

Hello again,

You can disable aging in the in-game options menu. Razz 

But seriously, this looks to me like an in-game glitch which has to be fixed with a future patch. If you have any mods or third-party CC, you can of course take them all out (for now) and see if this makes any difference. But beyond that I don't really have an explanation.

My personal taste and opinion: If I were to add more sims to my current 8 (female) sim household, and if they were to be mermaids, then I would actually prefer them not having these scales. Razz  But that's of course a matter of taste. For instance, I also have two genie sims in my household, but I changed their skin color from their default blue to "normal", so that they look like regular sims, but still have the genie powers. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top