Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store Items?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Items? Empty Store Items?

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jan 2014, 06:27

I was wondering if it would be possible to get ALL store content for Sims 3 in one .package file for those of us who have machines that can handle it. Is it possible? I think it would make file handling a lot easier for those of us who already have bloated Mod folders. I have looked everywhere for something like this and I could find nothing.

Is it possible?

My apologies if this has been addressed somewhere else, because I missed it.

And thanks.

Back to top Go down

Store Items? Empty Re: Store Items?

Post by invalidusername Sat 25 Jan 2014, 06:37

Really, it's recommended not to do that, just in case something does go wrong with one of the files. If you'd like to compress the files, I recommend CCMagic. It compresses them, but has a setup where it keeps track of them all, basically has it's own folder outside of the main game one, and the compressed packages all end up in the mods folder, so there's less for the game to load. It also handles most .sims3packs.

If you'd rather just have them all in one large file, there are tools out there to do that, just be careful if that's how you decide to go. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jan 2014, 06:41

Dark_Walker wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to get ALL store content for Sims 3 in one .package file for those of us who have machines that can handle it. Is it possible? I think it would make file handling a lot easier for those of us who already have bloated Mod folders. I have looked everywhere for something like this and I could find nothing.

Is it possible?

My apologies if this has been addressed somewhere else, because I missed it.

And thanks.

Hello,

There is a "Sticky"-topic here in the Requests-sub-forum, which deals with part of your request: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14262-read-this-before-you-request-sims-store-objects

Currently, G4TW is working on this "download server", mentioned in that Sticky-topic. I was planning to suggest to the Admin to put up several (updated) .torrent-files for Sims (3) store items, but of course, the final decision is with the Admin. And even if he agrees on that, you shouldn't expect such .torrent files anytime soon, because there are many other priorities right now (including real-life and technical issues with that download server).

So at the moment, you'll have to take what is available on that download server.

I hope this answers your question.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top