Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides Empty New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jan 2014, 20:42

Hi guys,

Posting on behalf of my partner.

She has complained for ages about lots of lag and freezing on her game, so I decided to install your fix and follow your installation guides.
She says that the game is still the same if not worse since I installed the ultimate fix and that the game has basically not changed at all.

I have followed your guides and installed the fix as per instruction. Has anyone got a workaround or a way that I can get it to work smoothly

(there is a FPS counter that I have put on, its constantly at 60 it just freezes randomly for anywhere between 1 and 30 seconds)

sorry if this is not the right place for this post, just trying to get the game running smooth so she can stop chewing my ear off,

Cheers

Back to top Go down

New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides Empty Re: New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides

Post by invalidusername Tue 28 Jan 2014, 18:51

Hello eteej. The fix is just for cracking the game so you can run it without disks, it doesn't do anything for helping speed things up or anything else for the game. Does she have any custom content? And how many expansions does she have?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides Empty Re: New member here, still huge lag and freeze issues after following installation guides

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 19:46

Hello there, thanks for the response. She has all of the expansions I believe and she does use custom content. Interestingly she said it was better after I applied your fix, but I assume this is just because the system isn't relying on reading from a disk. She has the Sims installed on an SSD but this doesn't seem to have helped either.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 28 Jan 2014, 20:57

Have her try renaming "Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3". This will remove all of her custom content and saves, and make the game start from fresh. If this helps, the lag is probably from all of her cc. If it doesn't help much, she may want to consider uninstalling a few expansions.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 18:33

I have big freezes too ... this is happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neW-WAgV86U after 5-10 min of playing. If i'm goin into the future is working fine ...

Mod edit: please open a NEW topic for your issue(s), instead of posting under someone else's topic. Thanks. Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top