Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 07 May 2012, 21:40

So I got an graphics card update (ATI Radeon 5400) and my game now get these "spikes" and is visually unplayable.
I googled it and I found that reseting to factorysettings would solve it, but it hasn't.
Any tips?

//EDIT

I got an Error 16 last time I tried saving and closing (still having the
graphics issue). So I removed the .bad files in the Saves folder.
No change in the graphics issue though Sad

Back to top Go down

Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 08 May 2012, 13:47

Hello,

I think Admin will know what to do, he can find the appropriate driver for you. Are you using win 7?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 22:14

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I think Admin will know what to do, he can find the appropriate driver for you. Are you using win 7?

Yes I am!
I checked the ATI website and it says that I have the latest driver though. But if any of you could help it could be great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 08 May 2012, 23:18

Hello,

But there's no harm in updating!
First go to Computer and then click on Edit or remove a software (Something like that). Now, search for any ATI-driver related stuff and remove those. Remove all ATI drivers. After doing so, restart your PC.
When your PC started up again, download and install one of the following drivers:
Here are the correct driver(s):

Windows 7;

32-bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx
64-bit (Most likely): http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

Be sure to restart your PC again after the driver finished installing.
Now, start your game and test it. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 23:43

Thanks!

I made a real stupid mistake though, it's the ATI Radeon 4300/4500 Card not the 5400.

Will it still work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 16:15

*EDIT*

Move to separate thread here.

*EDIT

I can second this issue, and even after completely removing the graphics drivers and re-installing from scratch, I still get the same issue. Did not crop up for me until I installed Master Suite stuff and Showtime + Latest Crack...now no combination of versions are playable. Even tried completely uninstalling all games and re-installing.

Win 7 Pro x64
HD 4550
AMD 12.4 Drivers
All Sims graphics options are on the defaults

Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims3_10

Last edited by cainmp on Fri 11 May 2012, 13:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved to new thread.)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 May 2012, 08:08

cainmp wrote:I can second this issue, and even after completely removing the graphics drivers and re-installing from scratch, I still get the same issue. Did not crop up for me until I installed Master Suite stuff and Showtime + Latest Crack...now no combination of versions are playable. Even tried completely uninstalling all games and re-installing.

Win 7 Pro x64
HD 4550
AMD 12.4 Drivers
All Sims graphics options are on the defaults

Graphics card update, now huge graphic issues in sims 3. [SOLVED] Sims3_10

Hello,

Please open a new topic, to avoid confusion for everyone. It'll be easier for us to keep track of everything and provide more personal support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 10 May 2012, 22:21

scratchcard wrote:Thanks!

I made a real stupid mistake though, it's the ATI Radeon 4300/4500 Card not the 5400.

Will it still work?
Hello,

Yes, you need a different driver for that.
Here you go:

Windows 7;

32-bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx
64-bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 15:14

I've done all the steps and used the right drivers, still no change at all.
Don't know where to go from here Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 14 May 2012, 15:57

Hello,

Are you sure you removed all previous drivers and restarted your PC after removing those drivers and prior to reinstalling the new driver?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 May 2012, 21:43

Yes I did. At least in the way you described it (via the "edit or remove software", I removed everything I could find relating to the graphics), restarted properly and all. So yes, every step is done.

I can add that I'm only using your torrents, used the guide to installing and am using the fix. So I've done everything by the book :PO

//EDIT

PROBLEM SOLVED

I googled like crazy until I finally found a guide (people had the same problems with games like Skyrim).

Using an earlier driver, 12.1, instead of the 12.4 that I already installed.
I used the drivers install manager to uninstall all existing drivers and then I installed the 12.1 driver.

Now everything works fine!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 15 May 2012, 18:27

Hello,

It's definitely a conflict between this driver and The Sims 3 then. Good to hear it got solved this way.

Don't hesitate if you have problems or questions again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top