Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3. Empty Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 14:23

I dunno if it belong here but this is the only "problem" subdivision I see.

Anyway, here's a little explanation of the problem I've been having:

I was playing The Sims 3 with the following expansions installed: Supernatural, Seasons and University Life. The game worked perfectly fine. (Other than the frequent crashed which I wasn't able to fix from the fix thread for the same). But no, that isn't my problem because I figured out when/how the game crashed and was always able to save before time.

So anyway, after that I installed Pets and Into the Future, due to which I got the error that stated I had some unofficial mod or something. Fixes stated that it was a bug and that I needed to patch my game to v1.67. So I thought it must have Into The Future and I quickly uninstalled it. But, when I tried to play I got the same error. I thought it would be better to do a fresh install so I uninstalled all the expansion packs and the base game.

We were well and good installing the whole game again, or so I thought. I installed the base game, ran it and it worked fine. Then I installed Pets, but it didn't patch the game. It said setup wasn't able to patch the game, but the game worked okay in-game. While loading I got a black screen with the loading text on it.

I tried uninstalling the game. The first time it read that Pets wasn't installed on my PC. The second time I tried to install it, it said the games had been successfully uninstalled. But the game still shows up in my Uninstall A Program. So I tried to uninstall the base game and got the following error:

Error (-5009: 0x8002802b) has occurred while running the setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Electronic Arts.

I googled it, and solutions asked to rename the Install Shield folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield
But, sadly, there is no InstallShield folder in Common Files present in Program Files or Program Files(x86).

I am just lost as to what to do now.

I just wanna play The Sims 3 ;-;

Back to top Go down

Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3. Empty Re: Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 14:25

Hello,
Please uninstall everything, then clean your registry using CCleaner.
You can also try to use MyUninstaller.

Back to top Go down

Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3. Empty Re: Problem: Can't uninstall The Sims 3 Pets or the Sims 3.

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 14:42

Shamrock wrote:Hello,
Please uninstall everything, then clean your registry using CCleaner.
You can also try to use MyUninstaller.

Well, I did uninstall everything, My EA folder is empty, yet it still shows up under Uninstall A Program and when I try to uninstall it again I get the error:

Error (-5009: 0x8002802b) has occurred while running the setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Electronic Arts.

Oh yeah also, I did run CCleaner and nothing happened :s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 15:55

You have to make sure your registry is empty.
Open the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims, and delete all folders there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 18:48

I kinda restored a previous version of Windows and it fixed itself.

Thank you though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 18:56

Ok.
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top