Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem Empty sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 21:55

i have a 16gb ram windows 8 computer but my game keeps crashing and the error logs say it was due to max memory used please help

Back to top Go down

sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem Empty Re: sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:43

ellybearloves wrote:i have a 16gb ram windows 8 computer but my game keeps crashing and the error logs say it was due to max memory used please help

Hello,

If your Windows 8 is 64-bit, then download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows 8 is a 32-bit version, in which case there is nothing else you can do about your RAM.

Instead, you might also want to give the other steps in the following guide a try (what I just mentioned was step #3 there): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Also, before re-starting the game, go to my Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents in the folder Currentgame.sims3.

Good luck ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem Empty Re: sims 3 not using all available ram and virtual mem

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 03:25

thank you ill try it out<3

//EDIT

i tried it it got better for a little while but still crashed

//EDIT

Crash log:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Feb 2014, 22:21

ellybearloves wrote:thank you ill try it out<3

//EDIT

i tried it it got better for a little while but still crashed

//EDIT

Crash log:

OK, what about the other steps in this guide here ? Have you tried those too ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Do all steps there except step #3 (which is what I suggested before, with the 4 GB patch).

Next, please close down your anti-virus completely, before playing The Sims 3.

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

What about your in-game graphics settings - can you also try lowering them ? Also, can you choose, in your in-game options to play in "windowed mode" ? Maybe that can help too. 

You may even try the tool "GameBooster" (look on Piratebay), which can help you free up system resources, for the game.

Keep us updated - if your game still crashes, there might be a few other things we could try. Good luck ! Smile

P.S. you can use the "edit"-button on your post, if you want to add anything to your original message. Clicking on the "edit"-button will allow you to edit your message. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top