Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded Generations And Ultimate Fix, Now The Sims Won't Respond.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded Generations And Ultimate Fix, Now The Sims Won't Respond. Empty Downloaded Generations And Ultimate Fix, Now The Sims Won't Respond.

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 09:45

Hi there,

It's been a while since I last posted so please excuse me if I got this post in the wrong section.

Alright, so basically yesterday I installed The Sims 3 Generations [RE-LOADED] or something like that. I made a new folder called ' Generations ' and extracted all of the files from PowerISO into the folder. I then proceeded to run the setup which successfully completed and then cracked it to Program Files(86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin. I had a few difficulties due to ownership of the folder but I managed to get the files in eventually. I opened up the launcher and clicked ' Play ' but it soon stated that I had an error. I used the Sims 3 Ultimate Fix, and it worked yet I couldn't get past the loading screen without the game not responding. I looked it up and found that a person had deleted all their custom content and it worked, I delete all my custom content but it still didn't work. So then I just deleted the folder in My Documents that contained the caches, packages folder etc. and restarted the game. It seemed to work, and I got past the loading screen. However, when I finally got in to the game with my newly-created family and went in to buy mode, the game stopped responding once again. I turned off the Sims for the night and hoped that it would work this morning, but now the game stops responding the moment I move a family into a household (I have tried all 3 towns, neither seem to work)

I would hate to have to re-install all over again as the account that had the original torrent on has been recently deleted as they are no longer needed on the system, and with my internet torrents take a good 3-6 hours to download. I will do it if it's the only thing I can do, but if anybody else has a solution please let me know.

Thank you,
MozillaPony1064

Back to top Go down

Downloaded Generations And Ultimate Fix, Now The Sims Won't Respond. Empty Re: Downloaded Generations And Ultimate Fix, Now The Sims Won't Respond.

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 14:07

This happened to me the first time I tried installing cracked expansions. I don't know if this is what happened to you but I found that my mistake is that I followed the installation directions inside the Ultimate Fix and the guide that gives you the codes.

I found out I had to follow the directions that Admin created (That's the 2nd link on the page for TS3 in-game problems; "How To Install Sims 3 correctly")

Did you also update your game to the latest version 1.67 with the manual patch, as well?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top