Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download) Empty Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download)

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 17:42

Recently I went about downloading the ultimate fix, and foolishly started replacing the files in the fix folder in my own bin folder. I successfully replaced the ones from the base game, and ambitions but then I realized that there's no generations folder (and I have generations).

Is this a problem? Does anyone have the generations crack files?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download) Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download)

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 18:52

Hello,

If you read the Fix' instructions very carefully, you'll notice that you do not need a "Generations" folder at all.
Also, please take a look at this post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3702-attention-the-sims-3-fans-read-please-important-do-not-update-to-v131
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download) Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations (Missing crack from the ultimate fix download)

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:04

Thanks for your reply! But now when I go into the launcher when I try to update my game to the latest patch (not v131) it still says “unable to connect to the EA download manager”. Also the generations icon is no longer lit.

If this helps my version is 8.0.152.011001

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:08

Hello,

You'll get that error if you do not have the EADM/Origin installed. Though, you don't need it, as you can also update manually (recommended), using this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 19:54

So after I manually update it, go to play my game, everything should work normally then?
I'm not sure if it even recognizes that I have generations installed anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 20:35

Hello,

After the manual patch, you should apply the current Ultimate Fix, updated on the 25th of January 2012.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2012, 20:39

I'm sorry. I'm extremely confused.

So far this is what I've done:

1. Downloaded the ultimate fix (followed the video)
- Replaced the files from the Base Game folder, and Ambitions folder into my own game bin

2. Manually updated my game

Now when I go to play it says "No game disc found! Please insert the Sims 3 Generations Game disc before proceeding"

//EDIT

Update:

I re-applied the crack from the fix (base game, and ambitions)
but now I'm getting this error
Unable to start game
Service initialization failed

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 03 Mar 2012, 20:54

Hello,

Please open the launcher and hover your mouse over the base game's icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. What version does it show?
It starts with 1.xx.x .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)