Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game Empty Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 00:00

I've had my laptop for one year. Ever since I got it, I've been playing Sims 3 with no problems at all. Now, it shuts off about 10 minutes after I start the game. I don't know if it's an overheating problem or not. I don't have the tools to take a look on the inside yet but I plan on purchasing what I need soon. According to Can You Run It, I should have no problems running this game. I reach every system requirement. All it says is my operating system was not available when this product was released. I recently purchased a cooling pad and it does nothing. Ideas anyone?

Back to top Go down

Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game Empty Re: Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Feb 2014, 00:22

C88kie wrote:I've had my laptop for one year. Ever since I got it, I've been playing Sims 3 with no problems at all. Now, it shuts off about 10 minutes after I start the game. I don't know if it's an overheating problem or not. I don't have the tools to take a look on the inside yet but I plan on purchasing what I need soon. According to Can You Run It, I should have no problems running this game. I reach every system requirement. All it says is my operating system was not available when this product was released. I recently purchased a cooling pad and it does nothing. Ideas anyone?

//MOVED

Hello,

Did you install any custom content recently ? Or did you do anything else 'specific' before this occurred ? If you did install any new custom content, try removing it all again.

Beyond that, most laptops (I assume you're playing on a laptop) aren't made for "hard-core gaming", and The Sims 3 is a highly-demanding game, in terms of system resources. You might want to get your laptop checked by a professional, since my knowledge with advanced hardware stuff is limited. I once opened my desktop computer and managed to remove the greater part of dust in it, with "compressed air". But if you don't feel confident enough for this kind of stuff, let a professional handle that.

Good luck !

P.S. I moved this topic to the right section, since you posted it originally in the PC Downloads support section. Sims-related problems do NOT belong there. Here, I've made an exception and moved the topic, but next time, I'll just delete the topic (which I'm allowed to do, by the way).

So please, bear this in mind. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game Empty Re: Laptop Instantly Shuts Down about 10 Min After Starting Game

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 01:41

To know problem perfectly, post screens from hwmonitor/speedfan or some program which can Check temps of your device.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Feb 2014, 05:06

Thank you so much for moving this to the right section. I updated to Windows 8.1 and rolled back to Windows 8 because I didn't like it too much. I did a system recovery and started from scratch. So I had to reinstall everything. And that's when the problem started. I uninstalled and reinstalled like 3 or 4 times and the problem is still there. I have absolutely no custom content. I'm thinking about bringing it to a tech to be looked at/cleaned out tomorrow. I can't go without my Sims for too long Sad lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top