Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion) Empty The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion)

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 15:32

I need to know from you all what is the best Antivirus regurdless of price ,best malware remover program ,and a faster good browser and thank you .

Back to top Go down

The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion) Empty Re: The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion)

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2014, 16:04

Hello,
In my personal opinion the best anti-virus program I've used is "Eset Smart 7", which I really like it... And by browser you mean like Firefox,IE and etc.... If that's what you mean then my favourite is Google Chrome.... and about the malware remover program, I have NO idea what that is whatsoever!
By the way if I'm wrong about this whole browser thing please be specific but if I'm right then even better!

Back to top Go down

The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion) Empty Re: The best antivirus,malware remover and internet browser (just give your opinion)

Post by Admin Sun 16 Feb 2014, 20:29

Hi there,

Indeed, they say ESET is light and good, but I personally don't like it. Too light for me. Razz
I prefer G Data Internet Security, since it has everything you need - made in Germany Very Happy - and it actually used two databases to scan for data. So it's actually two anti-virus software in one.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Feb 2014, 15:39

Google Chrome browser for me Smile
for my Anti Virus - Kaspersky Internet Security 
And 
for Malware ~  Malwarebyte Anti-Malware Pro

All work fine for me Smile
Hope that helps in some little way.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Feb 2014, 23:23

trojen100 wrote:I need to know from you all what is the best Antivirus regurdless of price, best malware remover program, and a faster good browser and thank you .

Hello,

As for the anti-virus program, it's not so easy to answer. But first of all, I guess I'm the only one on here (probably Razz) who finds that most "security" software is way overrated. They are meant to "protect" from various nasty things, but they often cause more trouble than good.

But OK: what I am looking for in an anti-virus program is that it doesn't chew up my system's capacities too much. Yes, OK, you have "maximum protection", but even if you really need that, it's not good that your system resources struggle with the AV software. An example for a system-intensive AV program, in my opinion, is the Norton series...

I used to use "avast Professional" for quite a long time (I think that in the meantime, it's called "avast Internet Security"), until my licence got blacklisted. Embarassed  Razz  It was light (in terms of system resource usage), but in my opinion still powerful enough. And currently, I am using ESET Nod Anti-Virus, and I'm happy with it.

Also, what you might want to take into account: do you really need something like a "professional" AV program ? Let's say if you do lots of e.g. online banking transactions or if you (have to) visit lots of "dubious" websites, then you are probably exposed to more risk, and therefore need a "stronger" program. But I don't think the average internet user really needs "maximum protection" (which, again, very often means that the program will chew up lots of your system resources).

As for malware protection, I have "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and as a backup, also "Spybot Search & Destroy".

And I usually use Mozilla Firefox for browsing the web.

Tea 5 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top