Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED] Empty Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 20:57

I have attempted to update the database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3 several times in multiple ways & I can't seem to get it to work

First I installed the exe then I tried to update it, but the program won't scan. So I uninstalled and tried again. Second I installed the exe, then applied the crack, then attempted to update the database after applying the crack once again. Third, after uninstalling Trojan Remover 6.8.3 again I installed, did not apply the crack but updated the program and then applied the crack. None of these processes worked.

If the database is updated, Trojan Remover 6.8.3 refuses to do anything and I just get the same error message. However, if I do not update the database and simply run it using the crack it does successfully scan.

Am I not supposed to update the database? Am I doing it in the wrong order? The instructions say I should be able to update after completely installing Trojan Remover 6.8.3. I am so confused.

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED] Dwm_2012 How Trojan Remover 6.8.3 looks on start up, after updating the database & reapplying the crack.

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED] Dwm_2011  Error message that appears each time I try to scan.

Back to top Go down

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 22 Feb 2014, 01:58

Hello,

I don't use the program myself, but you should be able to update the databases, yes.
Try this comment from TPB, please:

"this is aweseme, what i'd was to download latest version from supersoft.com and then databaase.....later i pasted crack into directory'

voila it worked
thanks"
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 08:39

OK I will try that and let you know if it works, so you can give help to others

So after downloading version Trojan Remover 6.9.0 and installing it & then continuing to get the same error message as before. I think it has something to do with the crack not being Trojan Remover 6.8.8 or above. It seems somehow the version 6.8.3 just isn't going to work  Sad  any other ideas?

Last edited by A_Kitty_Ate_My_Lunch on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 09:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 22 Feb 2014, 13:09

Hello there,

Sorry to hear that.
Can you kindly post a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack file to?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 12:17

Here is the screenshot you requested. Sorry for the late reply

Problems Updating Database for Trojan Remover 6.8.3. [SOLVED] Dwm_2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 26 Feb 2014, 20:31

Hello there,

Actually, did you try what is suggested in the Installation Guide?
This:

==> NOTE: After installation, you can update the program, if you like. AFTER updating it, re-apply the crack
(from the "# Crack" folder). The program version will revert back to 6.8.3, but at least you'll have the
latest databse update! By doing this, you'll most likely get an error about a modified file, when you try
to run a scan. Just click "Yes" and let it continue. <<==

So do update the program version, instead of the Database. After updating the program itself, you'll automatically have the latest database version. Then you can revert back to the old version, by applying the old crack. (But keeping the updated database)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 02:02

ok that worked! thanks for your help. please close the thread  Smile

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top