Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't buy fish???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't buy fish??? Empty Can't buy fish???

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:12

Hi there,

Recently whenever I go to a grocer to purchase fish it doesn't show up in my inventory. I pay for the items, but they don't show up. I can buy fruits etc, but not fish. I have Twallans ErrorTrap and whenever I try to buy fish there is a notification saying ErrorTrap ScriptError Fish. 

I noticed that when I start my game, ErrorTrap also gives a notification regarding fish spawners.

Any idea to what I can do to fix this?

I do play with CC, but I've never had this problem before, only this last week.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Can't buy fish??? Empty Re: Can't buy fish???

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:29

SimsGirl wrote:Hi there,

Recently whenever I go to a grocer to purchase fish it doesn't show up in my inventory. I pay for the items, but they don't show up. I can buy fruits etc, but not fish. I have Twallans ErrorTrap and whenever I try to buy fish there is a notification saying ErrorTrap ScriptError Fish. 

I noticed that when I start my game, ErrorTrap also gives a notification regarding fish spawners.

Thanks
Hi there, check if the Twallans ErrorTrap is uptodate and what is your game version and also try moving to another place where it can be easily accessible.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Feb 2014, 18:49

SimsGirl wrote:Hi there,

Thanks

Hello,

Can you try going fishing with one of your sims ? If you catch a fish, does it then show up in your inventory ? And I don't think that an outdated ErrorTrap mod is the cause of it because in that case, you (most likely) wouldn't even be able to start the game, but of course, make sure you're using the latest version.

Also, when exactly did that happen ? Did you add any mod or CC before this happened, and if so, do you remember what exactly it was that you added ?

The thing is, you might have to "filter" your (other ?) mods one-by-one, which is usually a safe method, but can also be very time-consuming. Good luck though and keep us informed ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 06:51

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As far as I know I've got the latest version of ErrorTrap - installed the latest one released after patch 1.67.

I'm busy going through all my mods to see if it could be a new one causing this, but so far it doesn't look like it could be the problem. Only other thing I have to check that I recently installed is KT's Store Fixes.

I created a new world in Riverview as I've heard it has less glitches than others (the world I'm currently playing in is Bridgeport). Whenever I start my game there are a dozen notifications regarding ErrorTrap / ScriptErrors

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Feb 2014, 08:57

SimsGirl wrote:Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As far as I know I've got the latest version of ErrorTrap - installed the latest one released after patch 1.67.

I'm busy going through all my mods to see if it could be a new one causing this, but so far it doesn't look like it could be the problem. Only other thing I have to check that I recently installed is KT's Store Fixes.

I created a new world in Riverview as I've heard it has less glitches than others (the world I'm currently playing in is Bridgeport). Whenever I start my game there are a dozen notifications regarding ErrorTrap / ScriptErrors

Yes, try "filtering" your mods. Smile

And about the "dozen notifications"...yes, in some very glitchy cases that can happen (I once had ~500 of these notifications, and they kept coming, making the game unplayable Laughing).

There can various reasons for that; like other mods, in-game glitches, or the ErrorTrap (or any other core mod) itself. After you filtered all your mods, try the game again. Also, try other towns too.

In the end, you might even think about removing ErrorTrap itself. After you do that though, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package.

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top