Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patch question..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Patch question.. Empty Patch question..

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 07:12

Hello,

Is it okay to download patches from another source besides games4theworld?.. Just curious because after updating to 1.67, the game crashes every 10-20 minutes and I've literally never experienced any problems before so I figured maybe I could use an older version since EA tends to screw things up from time to time.

Here's what I did: (It's worked twice before with other patches, but just to be certain..)
1. Installed base game
2. Installed expansions (including a required one)
3. Patched
4. Applied #Crack from ultimate fix (ignored every other step)

I've also done everything to prevent crashes, like updating origin, drivers, adding the games to DEP, removing all EA related files, etc..

Any suggestions are much appreciated :p

Back to top Go down

Patch question.. Empty Re: Patch question..

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 10:46

Hello, Very Happy
It is not recommended to use combination of stuff from DIFFERENT sources cause things CAN get complicated.
But crashing itself is a totally different problem which there's an specific topic about it. You can find it here.
Take a look at the topic and see if it improves your game! Smile
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 17 Feb 2014, 14:26

doodman wrote:Hello,

Is it okay to download patches from another source besides games4theworld?.. Just curious because after updating to 1.67, the game crashes every 10-20 minutes and I've literally never experienced any problems before so I figured maybe I could use an older version since EA tends to screw things up from time to time.

Here's what I did: (It's worked twice before with other patches, but just to be certain..)
1. Installed base game
2. Installed expansions (including a required one)
3. Patched
4. Applied #Crack from ultimate fix (ignored every other step)

I've also done everything to prevent crashes, like updating origin, drivers, adding the games to DEP, removing all EA related files, etc..

Any suggestions are much appreciated :p

Hello,

I recommend you to download and apply (run) the patch from Games4theworld first: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v166-fix-manual-patch.

After that (re-)download the Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Now open the Ultimate Fix and this time, you do not need to apply any of the content from the Ultimate Fix except the content of the folder # Crack inside the Fix. Drag and drop the content of the folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when you are prompted to do so.

If that doesn't solve the problem you are having, please delete the following caches in (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

Create-A-Household Cache: CasPartCache.package
Build/Buy Mode cache: compositorCache.package
Mod/Custom Content Cache: scriptCache.package
New sims or skin Cache: simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package
All of the content inside the folder WorldCaches (if you have such a folder) and Thumbnails

If all that don't work, check out the guide ellajohnson linked and follow all the steps there.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 09:32

thanks for the help you guys. i still couldn't get it to work but i've heard a lot of people have problems with the sims even on high-end computers. i'm thinking it may have something to do with windows 8.1. kind of a shame really, but at least i got a few months of play out of it Razz i'll probably wait until an updated patch and see how things work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:30

I have windows 8.1 and my the sims 3 plus all expansions runs fine on it...Try deleting the sims 3 folder in documents/electronic arts/the sims 3...Only the sims 3 folder...Then try restarting the game and see if it works...Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top